living in Dracut, MA.
working in Chelmsford, MA.

1997 Explorer Sport
  • 3" Body Lift from Performance Accessories
  • 245-75-R16 Goodyear Wrangler M/T Tires
  • Dead Link Removed
  • Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs
  • Splitfire Dual Mag Core Wires
  • K&N Filtercharger? Replacement Air Filter(e-0996)
  • Remote Keyless Start
  • Hidden Hitch 2" Reciever
  • 2" Receiver Shackle
  • Dead Link Removed
  • Factory 6 Disc CD Changer
  • Torsion Bar Twist
  • Warrior Shackles (WAR153)
  • 4-Door Leaf Springs
  • Bugflector Bug Gaurd
  • GTS Tailblazer Taillight Cover's
  • GTS Front Headlight Blackout's
  • Turboshield (Rear Air Deflector from Explorer Express)[/url]
  • Fire Extinguisher[/url]
  • First Aid Kit[/url]
  • Maxon CB Radio
  • Motorola 280 Talkabouts FRS Radio's
  • Magellan GPS 2000 XL
  • Dead Link Removed
  • Dead Link Removed
  • 12 Volt Air Compressor
  • Dead Link Removed

Coming Soon:
  • Rear Diff Guard
  • On-Board Air by way of a York....(this will take a long time, but I WILL do it!)

Dead Link Removed

Before:
explorer1.jpg

After:
AfterBodyLift1.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CBoug76,

Did you have trouble with tire clearance or rubbing? If so, what did you have done? Your ride looks awesome! I'm thinking of doing the same. Oh, is your speedo still accurate or did you have to get a new speedo gear.

CBoug76,

I did have a little trouble with tire clearance. If you read this post, you'll see what I had to do to correct it.
Dead Link Removed

My Speedo is still original, and it doesn't show the correct Speed. I checked it with GPS, and it seems to be off like 3mph(I think that's acceptable).

Thanks, So far with the current cash flow this is I can afford to do, but I do have plans of a Body Lift, Brush Guard, and a Winch.

Last edited:

Cboug,
I noticed on the list of things you added to your ride, I have a '97 and was wondering how and where you added the tow hooks?

Thanks

so in the after picture do you have a 3 in bl??? on your list it says you have it but then you stated a bl was next when ya got money???

just curious cause im about to put a 3in bl on and wanna idea what its gonna look like?

i gots a 97 expo sport

lookin awesome Chris! i just noticed your living in dracut now, so howdy neighbor! i live about 500 yards from dracut, right across from Umass north campus. So next time you go wheeling, be sure to let me know and ill tag along. Good luck with the on-board air!

Originally posted by hardazz04
so in the after picture do you have a 3 in bl??? on your list it says you have it but then you stated a bl was next when ya got money???

just curious cause im about to put a 3in bl on and wanna idea what its gonna look like?

i gots a 97 expo sport

Yes, The after Photo is with the Body Lift Installed. I know its not the best photo in the world, but someday I will get some better shots!

Wheeling has been put on hold untill I find time, for the last 14 months, I have be re-modeling my house, and there is still lots more to do! Not to mention that on Monday of last week, my wife gave birth to My Son and Daughter.

congradulations! hows she feeling? thats great man! if you need any help with the electrical, phones, or cable, i am a trained electrician and alarm system technician, and i will work for beer and a burger ;) let me know if you need any help on the renovations!

lol I just finished the last of the Coax cable that I had to do in the house!!!

Hmm that looks like my X :p

Back