• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I had heard that there was or is going to be a Pandora app that when streaming Pandora through blue tooth that the Pandora controls such as thumbs up/down would appear on the touch screen.

On syncmyride.com I read that Applink was only available on the 2011 Fiesta and 2012 Ford models. Does that mean the 2011 Explorer wont get the Pandora app that will allow full control of Pandora through touch/voice commands?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump -

I'd like to know this too. Can you answer this for us Seni?

Hey guys,

I looked into this and found that the SYNC team is working on adding AppLink to MyFord Touch vehicles, but there is no ETA at this time. In the meantime, you should be able to stream Pandora/Stitcher via Bluetooth Audio. For more info on streaming Pandora, please see the SYNC videos link below. The iPhone, Blackberry and Android specific videos reference Pandora in the Using Apps section of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=05BC922DEA4983B2

Cory

Hey guys,

I looked into this and found that the SYNC team is working on adding AppLink to MyFord Touch vehicles, but there is no ETA at this time. In the meantime, you should be able to stream Pandora/Stitcher via Bluetooth Audio. For more info on streaming Pandora, please see the SYNC videos link below. The iPhone, Blackberry and Android specific videos reference Pandora in the Using Apps section of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=05BC922DEA4983B2

Cory

Nice work Cory!

I thought this thread was going to disappear into never never land!

This update to the MFT system will be very important to many of us! Nice to know we will not be left out!

Thanks again for the follow up!

Nice work Cory!

I thought this thread was going to disappear into never never land!

This update to the MFT system will be very important to many of us! Nice to know we will not be left out!

Thanks again for the follow up!
You’re very welcome! I know it’s important to the SYNC team as well! I’m glad to help!

Cory

Hey guys,

I looked into this and found that the SYNC team is working on adding AppLink to MyFord Touch vehicles, but there is no ETA at this time.
Cory

Any updates on this now? Proud new owner as of today of an '11 Explorer Limited and I love my Pandora. AppLink would be awesome!!!

Any updates on this now? Proud new owner as of today of an '11 Explorer Limited and I love my Pandora. AppLink would be awesome!!!
I love my internet radio too, ah64aviator! Sometimes I feel like it knows my music tastes more than I do! :D Rebecca is on the forum with the In-Vehicle Technology Team and she would be the best person to check on this, so I sent her your question. It’s almost the weekend! :)

Cory

Thanks, Cory!

Hi, ah64aviator!

Congrats on your new Explorer :)

We are currently working on improving the current features on MyFord Touch. Once we are done, we will start working on getting other cool features, such as AppLink.

Rebecca

I love my internet radio too, ah64aviator! Sometimes I feel like it knows my music tastes more than I do! :D Rebecca is on the forum with the In-Vehicle Technology Team and she would be the best person to check on this, so I sent her your question. It’s almost the weekend! :)

Cory
Thanks Cory. Looking forward to seeing what Rebecca has for us.

Thanks, Cory!

Hi, ah64aviator!

Congrats on your new Explorer :)

We are currently working on improving the current features on MyFord Touch. Once we are done, we will start working on getting other cool features, such as AppLink.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. Can you share any of these future improvements with us? Anyway, I really believe that as wildly popular a Pandora is, some kind of integration or interface between that and MyTouch is a must.

Nice to feel like Ford is listening to suggestions though. :)

Thanks Rebecca. Can you share any of these future improvements with us? Anyway, I really believe that as wildly popular a Pandora is, some kind of integration or interface between that and MyTouch is a must.

Nice to feel like Ford is listening to suggestions though. :)

Right now, I would only be speculating if I were to give you any information other than the above. If and when I get more information (and am able to share it) I will share it with everyone :)

Rebecca

I wanted to bump this thread, because it's been nearly three months since the last update from the Ford IVT representative. The performance update for MFT is nice, but getting the AppLink features are also very important to us owners. It really is inexcusable for the top of the line MFT system to not have this features while other less expensive SYNC systems already do.

Rebecca, there must be an updated timeline for when it will be implemented since the last post a couple months back. Appreciate it! Thanks!

+1

AppLink is a really nice feature. Would love to see it added sooner than later. I completely understand a lot of work is probably being put into refining MyFord Touch, but would hate to see AppLink for MFT fall out of development completely. It would really shine.

Any word if applink will be included in Q1 update?

No, It's been confirmed that resources were not placed onto adding new features like AppLink because they wanted to get something that wasn't buggy first. I also got a little potential insider hint that the Q1 update could actually be released in December. If this is true then they could start AppLink development even more quickly.

Any confirmation on Ford IVT team about future implementation of AppLink on MFT systems, like it should be? The owners would appreciate an update on this subject. Thanks!

No, It's been confirmed that resources were not placed onto adding new features like AppLink because they wanted to get something that wasn't buggy first. I also got a little potential insider hint that the Q1 update could actually be released in December. If this is true then they could start AppLink development even more quickly.

Any confirmation on Ford IVT team about future implementation of AppLink on MFT systems, like it should be? The owners would appreciate an update on this subject. Thanks!

Hi, rajamahal!

I don't have an update on this. We are currently working on perfecting the MFT software. When I get any other news, I'll be sure to update everyone :)

Rebecca

Hi, rajamahal!

I don't have an update on this. We are currently working on perfecting the MFT software. When I get any other news, I'll be sure to update everyone :)

Rebecca

Rebecca

Any update on this? Since the performance update is now rolling out the IVT team should have most of the development work behind them regarding the MFT updates and can work on other items...like Sync Applink. Will the IVT team be deploying the Sync Applink software to the Explorer line? Is Sync Applink for the Explorer even in the plan for IVT team? Thanks.

Rebecca

Any update on this? Since the performance update is now rolling out the IVT team should have most of the development work behind them regarding the MFT updates and can work on other items...like Sync Applink. Will the IVT team be deploying the Sync Applink software to the Explorer line? Is Sync Applink for the Explorer even in the plan for IVT team? Thanks.

Border_Explorer,

No, I don't have any new information about AppLink for MyFord Touch. Once I do get more info, I will post it in a new thread.

Rebecca

SIRI!

App Link Support for SIRI would be killer. If you guys could pull that off it would be an ace in the hole.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My F150 had Sync and worked flawless with Siri. Hold down the phone button on the steering wheel and you would hear the Siri tone over the speakers and I would speak and she would answer over the speakers. I haven't tried it in the Explorer.

SIRI!

App Link Support for SIRI would be killer. If you guys could pull that off it would be an ace in the hole.

Back