New profile posts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New profile posts

I just bought a 2020 Ford Explorer XLT with a panoramic moonroof. I checked after it rained all night and found water in the interior lip of the sunroof. It seems to me that it should be a tight enough seal that water should not leak in when it is closed. but don't realy know much about sunroofs.
So mu question is is it normal for water to collect in that lip after a good rain, or does that mean there is a leak?
I have a 94 XLT, 5 speed that I'm thinking of parting with. Haven't started it in years, but used to run well. Anyone interested?
Link to youtube Video

I have a 96 Ford Explorer. I recently removed and reinstalled the headlight switch. I am now having a problem where the headlight switch turns backwards and forwards but it also controls the fuel pump. I can turn the headlight switch to the left and remove the key and the vehicle still runs. Could this just be a bad headlight switch?
I have an 2002 explorer st 2dr that I just hit a deer with and looking into options has anyone tried swapping the front end and bumper of a ranger on to it.
Battling how to get an insanely hard-to-find 3rd Gen rear toe compensator link, aka rear tie-rod ends, etc, for factory, 16 inch wheels. I was pointed to Rock Auto, but they sent me a bent one, so not eager to use them again...
Noise coming from rear left tire! Help!
I have put new rotors, calipers, & pads on the rear of my '05 Explorer. Also new sway bar links & bushings. But I still have a noise whining or winding noise that comes (& goes, which makes it even harder to diagnose) from the rear wheels, especially the driver's side. Any thoughts?!
Has anyone had problems with their front hubs and axels making noises after replacement? I have replaced my front hubs and cv axels twice and still am getting a squealing noise like either metal on metal or rubber on rubber, also been hearing a whining noise between 20 & 60 mph (like a super charger whining). Need to find out the problem before swapping the TC to the 4406.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Reactions: ExplorerRider
E
ExplorerRider
I have been experiencing a similar noise, that comes & goes, w/on my 2005 Explorer. Have put on new sway bar links & bushings, & new rotors, calipers, & pads. But the noise still comes & goes. Any thoughts?
What's some good axles too make my 01 sporty a good offroader?
DannyW
DannyW
Trakmotive makes a pretty good set. I've been running them for about 3 yrs. now. Have held up well on some pretty tough trails (i.e.. Kentucky DBB). They will handle a pretty severe angle without binding and will extend up to 40mm I believe.
Back