Body Work & Detailing | Page 254 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Work & Detailing

Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.

I found this one on another thread and it works for me so I'd thought I'd share. Make your own glass cleaner by mixing equal parts of: 1: Bottled Water 2: Denatured Alcohol 3: White Distilled Vinegar I used newspaper to clean the outside of the windows, on the inside I use plain paper towels without design. I don't want any ink from the newspaper or towels with designs to transfer onto my gray trim. I'm probably going over board with not using paper towels with print since they are supposedly consumer safe, maybe that's one of the reasons my wife calls me Felix Unger.
Hey all, no this is not an exciting body part thread just a regular Herc on the X thread! I am in the middle of twotoning my X the top is white well cream,off-white what ever you call it, and the bottom will be Herc black! so far I have done all the prep twice (I want this stuff to stay) and laid down the first coat. It has been drying for about an hour and a half, but is still sticky. Like mentioned by Mattadams and Rpenner once you get going it is hard to stop. What else needs herc'ed???? Well I hope to post a pic or two fairly soon! Wish me luck!!!!
Did the 3M thing, Zaino Z-5 and all swirls gone. Wash all my 100% cotton towels with liquid tide. I am getting swirls again though!!! :( :mad: I am not using Z-7 though. It's stuff I got at Costco. Turtlewax Gold Series. I know, Turtlewax blows but I didn't think it would cause swirls. Can this cause swirls? I do not want to do 3m SMR again!!! Thanks
This past weekend my Truck Thought i was going to sell her, I had washer her, Waxed her, even Shined the Tire's! It hasn't seen Wax since the summer i bought it(back in 99). But then on Sunday I shower her! I took her Wheelin, and she was happy again! I even lightened her up a little(got rid of Factor steps). BTW Rick, Need a Moderator?
i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to put 98 altezza's on a 93 if u would cut into the back a little so they would have the same shape as the 98's or if u could by like 93 chevy blazer altezza and cut the back slightly to make them fit ...because the tail lights look very similar to each other....so minor trimming would only be neccasary????cause it sux not having euros for the early model X..............thanks,alex
Hey for all you weekend warriors like myself I've got a tip for good lookin tires. Go buy some "Extreme Shine Armor all" and spray the hell out of your tires and leave it alone. Don't wash it off or wipe it off. Just leave it!!!! They look better then new and it lasts for weeks!! One warning though to the people who have big tires like myself. It takes alot of Armor all to get these to cover good.;)
HEy all- I am going to a truck show this month on the 22nd. My X has some trail pin striping as i wheel with it often. Nothing is to bad mostly all clear coat. What can i use to get these out? I do not have a buffer, and i am willing to spend as much time as needed to get her looking great! I went to a local detail shop and they said like 250 to do everything. I would rather not spend that much any ideas? Thanks,
Back