Chrysler Dodge Plymouth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrysler Dodge Plymouth

Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth Cars and Trucks

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

Some of you may remember that I used to have a 1972 Dodge Dart which I drag raced.

DSC_0322.jpg

Well, I got the itch to get back into racing:burnout: Our new house is only 3 miles from the Speedworld racetrack and I can faintly hear them running the cars from our house. It was just too much for me to bare;) I haven't been doing much in the way of local fourwheeling, so I thought drag racing would give me something to do on the weekends.

A couple weeks ago I bought a 1970 Dodge Dart off of...

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump...

'07 pt cruiser

main pt cruiser fourm appears to have been unable to accept new user registration for probably years due to some unupdated recaptcha implementation, so will try here for some insight into this candidate for " best worst car"

'07 pt cruiser automatic (not mine, i swear).
≈168k miles
No codes being thrown. Codes previously purposefully thrown by disconnecting sensors briefly to verify pcm was working.
Compresseion : 185 170 180 170
Idle vac is good 18-20
Air filter allows light...

Snowflake

MLB doesn't like the name I have for her new ride. The name is fitting however. Gotta be nice to it or it'll have a melt down. In more ways than one. I just have to keep it below 6000 rpm's--

So far we like it quite a bit. It drives nice, and has plenty of power for passing in just about any situation. The switch from V8 to 4cyl mode is actually very smooth and not noticeable at all.
So far we are averaging around 24MPG although on the highway once cruising at 65 MPH it will...

(Sold) Copperhead

My registry on my newest addition to the family.

A little history - Shortly after I fixed the A/C in Dark Thunder, the transmission gave out. Things being what they were I donated it to Purple Heart.

In 2014, I found I needed a truck again and purchased a 96 4x4 Club Cap Ram with the 5.9. Interior was crap, but I would tear through anything I threw at it. After having it for a year I traded it in on this bad boy.

2015-09-05%2017.45.43.jpg

2012 Ram 1500
Single Cab Short Bed
5.7L V8 HEMI
2WD

This...

Fix one thing, another breaks

I had to replace the air doors in the HVAC box of our 2003 Dodge Ram which meant removing the entire dashboard assembly. After completing the job I fired the truck back up and the ABS and Brake warning lights stayed on. I thought for sure I messed something up since there was no issue prior to the removal of the dash. I double and triple checked every connection, checked the web for clues, but nothing cleared the lights.

I brought the truck in to my friends shop who has an ABS code scanner...

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - Titan Fuel Tank Installation

A few weeks ago our 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 developed a diesel fuel leak at the tank. I used the opportunity of having the tank down to swap to a much larger capacity replacement tank. It's something I have wanted to do since we bought the truck. The stock tank held 33 gallons, the new Titan Tank has a 60 gallon capacity.

My application called for their 7030303 which fits the 2003 - 2012 Crew Cab, Long Bed. Titan has an installation video for my application which I found helpful...

grand caravan heads

I am in the process of replacing head gaskets on a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.3. All has gone absolutely perfect so far. Heads were pressure tested good and milled flat. I got the right head on no issues, but have never dealt with a rocker arm shaft like this. Its a one piece deal where the arms and bolts are all fixed to the shaft, and you just bolt down to the head. The question I have is how do you torque this? I went to the 17 ft lbs the manual stated, but because the head is...

2006 Explorer vs 2014 Grand Cherokee

My 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with V8, rear wheel drive, safety canopy, tow package (never towed anything), and no third row seat was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and I'm 58, so have owned more than a few vehicles. I miss the nice large cargo compartment. The seats were quite comfortable.

I replaced the Explorer with a loaded 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the V8 and AWD. In just 50,000 miles it has had the following problems:

1) When it was new, I went to...

1997 Dodge 1500 4wd not working-

Ok,
My Brother in law has a 1997 dodge 1500 4wd that will not 4wd. No apologies needed, just a hand please.

I suspect the silly vacuum actuator on the front axle, as even when manually shifted to 4wd, the light will not come on, nor will the front catch. The acutator arm is also the switch actuator, so I think I am on to something;)

I did a bit of looking around, and could not find a good internet answer for my question, so I will open my mouth while you feed me-

What , where, when...

outgrowing the sport

A sad day is looming ahead. I've had my Explorer for almost 5 years now and I'm definitely hearing the death rattle in my engine and my family is growing. We've got a 4 year old and one on the way. With the dog and future plans we're really starting to outgrow the Explorer. She's got my blood, sweat and tears running through her and I hate to see her go, but it's about time.

I do a lot of work on the house myself, up to and including some large projects like building rooms and will be...

2001 Dakota V8 coolant reservoir replacement

My son has a 2001 Dakota with what appears to be a cracked coolant reservoir (non-descript leaking from alongside the left outer portion of the fan shroud). Hard to tell since Dodge buried it under a stupid blow-molded shroud. Anyway, anyone have experience removing/replacing the reservoir bottle? So far I can't find any decent instructions anywhere, and it doesn't appear to be a very straightforward job.

Back