Chrysler Dodge Plymouth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrysler Dodge Plymouth

Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth Cars and Trucks

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

Some of you may remember that I used to have a 1972 Dodge Dart which I drag raced.

DSC_0322.jpg

Well, I got the itch to get back into racing:burnout: Our new house is only 3 miles from the Speedworld racetrack and I can faintly hear them running the cars from our house. It was just too much for me to bare;) I haven't been doing much in the way of local fourwheeling, so I thought drag racing would give me something to do on the weekends.

A couple weeks ago I bought a 1970 Dodge Dart off of...

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump...

A Dodge Registry "Dark Thunder"

A friend of mine gave me this 1998 Dodge Ram 1500. The transmission wouldn't get out of 2nd and it needed some basic maintenance. He wanted to give it to a junkyard,:eek: but he called me up at work and asked if I wanted it. I said "Hell, yeah!" and brought it home a week later.

Specs:

5.2L V8 (230HP @ 4400RPM / 300 ft.lb. torque @ 3200RPM):D
46RE 4-speed Auto
2WD
Single Cab Long Bed
3.55 Gear Ratio
9.25 Chrysler Rear Axle
ST w/ Cruise, A/C, and fogs
126K miles
Towing Capacity of...

New Truck

Well everyone. Come Thursday the Explorer is going bye bye. I have gotten a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi. Its the top models with heated Leather seats. The Whole works. I will have pictures up soon. I am still gonna remain active in the club. Since the club rules state you dont have to own an explorer to be in the club. I have discussed some things with John and I am going to remain the President. I am not going anywhere. :salute:

Oh RATS!!!

Started up the Dodge Ram yesterday and the parking brake light and ABS light stayed on. Popped open the hood and immediately saw that rodents had been VERY busy overnight. They pulled down a bunch of insulation, and chewed through several wires:eek:

I initially didn't see where the ABS wiring had been cut, and I wasn't 100% sure that it even had been cut, I thought that it may have just been a coincidence so I took the truck in to a local shop and had them put their ABS scan tool on the...

Cummins Explorer

Alright my disclaimer in the beginning… This is going to be really long and the pictures aren’t great. I know there are other maybe even better ways to do just about everything but because I gave myself only 1 month to put this together and I didn’t want to spend a fortune, it is what it is.

I guess I’ll start with how this madness came about. I heard from some friends that a guy selling a low mileage 12 valve with a transmission for cheap. So I bought it and wasn’t entirely sure what I...

Pwhiteelec05's 97 Dakota

I'm starting this for my brother since he never seems to get around to doing it. I feel like he needs a registry over here because he is over here more than on the dakota forums.

It's a 1997 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 318. It has had some work done to it including an M1 intake manifold, holley throttle body, headers, and a tune.

This is what it started out like when he bought it
IMG_0794Medium.jpg

And then it got a 3" body lift a little torsion twist and some lift blocks, here it is right...

My daughter the deer hunter

Well, this makes deer 3 for her.

Wish I had taken before pictures.

4 years ago the car was heavily keyed, and then repainted. The person who did the work passed away, soon after the clear started to peel. So, considering it is a Neon the decision to drive it into the ground was made.

I have no before pictures, just picked up after re forming the front core support

11-5-09003.jpg

bent fender

11-5-09002.jpg

The headlights were shot anyway, having turned cloudy and yellow...

project cheapRAM- the beater tow rig gets a makeover

Truck is a 2004 ram 2500 4x4, hemi auto and 4:10 gears with a bajillion miles on it. Mechanically its in like new condition. Physically its beat to hell... there isnt a single inch on it that isnt dented or scratched. It was an old farmer's truck and he ran over every thing he owned with it. :p:

Back in Feb. i had an incident were i exited the shoulder of I-30 asleep with the cruise set on 75mph. In the rain. Ran through a fence, took out the front bumper- grill- hood and wrapped about a...

so i bought a Dodge 2500...

Well, i got a "new" truck last week. 04 Ram 2500 4x4, hemi/whatever the 5spd. auto is, all stock, 150k miles.

It was a ranch truck and is beat all to hell. There isnt a body panel on it that doesnt have a ding or scratch. Mechanically it's perfect other than needing tie rod ends and shocks. Tranny rebuilt 20k miles ago by a good local shop, engine has never had any work other than a couple of sensors.

IIRC blue book was around $14k, meaning in this market it would be a $11-12k truck...

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 351
Back