Offroad Projects | Page 98 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offroad Projects

Big projects... Lifts, Swaps, etc... IMPORTANT As the subject use your name, or the name of your truck, and the name of the project. Such as Superlift 5.5" installation, Dana 44 conversion, etc.

Solid Axle Swap Registry

If you have completed a solid axle swap on your Explorer and would like to share the results with others this is the place to do it:D This isn't the place to talk about a work in progress, rather a place for the FINAL results, specs, instructions etc
Threads
Threads

Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits

Ford Explorer and Ranger chassis related posts. Get help choosing the right shock absorber and aftermarket suspension for your Explorer or Ranger based vehicle.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Drivelines

Ford Explorer and Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, Driveshafts and Axles.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.

For the Ford Explorer and Ranger entusiasts who like to build their own rock sliders, bumpers, rollcages etc.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Accessories

All of the extra goodies we need. Winches, recovery gear, on board air etc...
Threads
Threads
Hey, I recently changed my plans on my V8 conversion and just bought a bbrand new 2001 Explorer Sport, auto with the 4.0 SOHC, I am going to get the Explorer Express supercharger when it comes out, but right now I really want to swap out the auto tranny, I was wondering what manual tranny, etc. etc. would be the best for this application, my cost limit is about 5k. Thanks alot! -Matt
Hey everyone, New to this board, and I hope my Ranger does not offend anyone. I bought the Wife an X but she won't let me make a it a Prerunner. I just had the Dixon front kit put on my truck and love it. Here is what I started with: I got the Dixon kit on with FOX remote resevoir coilovers and Glassworks 6" 'glass fenders. This is what it looks like now: I am saving up to get the rear done. While watching the Terrible's Town 250 I thrashed the rear fender wells when the axle articulated getting to the spot. I am thinking of the new Trophy Truck bedsides. My friend has them and they look sick. Definately going with Deavers and have not decided on the bedcage. I think I still need the bed since I got rid of my Wife's...
I'm making this new thread after doing some work on some of the loose ends first on the list was checking the '93 mustang gt ECM for codes , needless to say it had a bunch in it, but all were for the EGR, Air injection system and the can purge for the Air injection system 1&2 (Thermactor (smog pump) System Solenoids) were bypassed by putting 75 ohm 1watt resistors where the valves use to be Can purge solenoid was bypassed with a 1k ohm 1watt resistor EGR- this one is alittle harder to bypass the vacuum solenoid that controls the egr I put a 75 ohm 1 watt in place of it, the EGR valve position sensor has 3 wires a 5vt feed, signal return (special ground) and sensor signal this was bypassed using resistors all 1watt, 5vt <> 1k ohm...
Ok... The parts chasing is coming to an end -- for now at least. I'm about to finally embark on the Ranger project that has been so long in the waiting/planning stages. A couple of pics -- yes, I'm really starting to work on this project! :D The tow rig... Mama's '03 Trailblazer. 292 hp under the hood, reinforced tranny, tow rating of 6200#. It works and it is nice to drive. The donor pig... Yuppers -- THIS pig is supplying a lot of the bacon... Driver's side drop Dana 44 -- soon to get 8 lug, full floater hubs to match the rear. (And yes, the passenger side drop axle, t-case, transmission, etc., are for sale out of the donor!) The rear Dana 60 The donor motor -- 4.0 liters of butt-kicking...
Back