Performance Lighting | Page 345 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Lighting

Aftermarket lighting. Driving lights, fog lights, rock lights, HID, halogen. Make your Ford Explorer light up the night!!
I've done a search looking for info I need but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Now onto what I'm looking for: I have clear corners installed on my '93..... now since the stock ones were clear and to stay street legal, the turn signal and parking lamp[3157 & 194] must light up an amber color. The thing is though, when they aren't lit up during the day, I get that hideous gold/brown color from the corners. Now I've heard that bulbs are available that are a silver/gray color when 'dormant' and then when lit up, they turn amber. Anybody heard of these or use 'em? Anybody know where I could get some if they do exist? Thanks.
ok, my first how to... Everyone said it couldn't be done, but I thought I would give it a shot. Try this at your own risk. Start off by removing the driver door pannel. 1. Remove 2 Phillips screws above door release handle 2. Pry out door release trim 3. Using a panel tool (or a flat screwdriver) pry around the bottom and sides of the door panel 4. Slide panel upward to remove. Once the pannel is removed you will see this... the back of keypad. It still attached to the driver door. There is a clip on the right side. Remove the clip the speaker needs to be removed to gain access to the other end of the keypad. You need to disconnect the green plug. the keypad, and the attached wires. The first piece of wire...
Hey guys. Any of you that run Pro Comp lights probably know about how bad their powder coating is. I have run the 6" lights for years, with some bed liner on the housing they have held up great. I added 4 8" lights on my roof, and for some reason didnt have the forethought to bedliner them before installing. Consequently I will be pulling the light bar down, stripping them and bedlinering them. I figured while I was at it it would be cool to add some LEDs to the housings so they would be able to be lit up, without having the 130w bulbs lit. Need some advice on what/how many LEDs to run and where to purchase them. Thanks for any insight you guys might have!!
I know some folks out there have cheaper 899s in the fog lights of 95-98 Explorers. What brands do you guys use, and what is close to a PIAA 9007. I am doing the foglight conversion (so they can run with parking lights in addition to low beams) and want a nice superwhite look to match the headlamps. Thanks guys.
Ok.... what's the deals here. I replace my fog light bulbs about once every 2 weeks, and now I've just given up. About every 2 weeks one of em just blows up. Is this common or am I just screwed? I thought maybe water was getting in there and the change in temp was blowing them, so I tried to caulk up the seal where the lens meets the plastice housing, and that didn't work... any other ideas? It almost looks like the bulb is slamming into the lens and blowing it up. If no one has any ideas I'm gonna go to walmart and buy some whole new fog lights.
Back