RV / Trailers / Camping | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RV / Trailers / Camping

camp stove issues

I am still old school in the fact that I do most of my camp cooking on a coleman green propane 2 burner stove. The last couple times I used it, however, I noticed that it only burned on one setting... hellfire. I tried a new regulator and am having the same issue. Has anyone else dealt with this and know where I should start poking around to fix it? I hate to buy another as it has been a good stove.

Thanks in advance!

My off road trailer build

Well I've gotten it to a respectable state that I can actually post pictures of it now.
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

yostyexplorer94's camper frame trailer build

Bearing replacement reference for my trailer-

Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L68149 - L68149
Replacement Race - L68110 - L68110
Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L44649 - L44649
Replacement Race for L44643 and L44649 Bearings - L44610
Grease Seal - Double Lip - ID 1.719" / OD 2.565" - for 3,500-lb Axles - Qty 2 - RG06-050

I found this on craigslist. It was an old camper that he stripped down to the frame, sand blasted, and primered it. I...

Tents- nylon or canvas?

What do you use? Do you have experience with both?

When I've camped in a tent, it's always been in a nylon tent. But I've heard that canvas tents are way better- they are easier to keep warm and don't warm up as much in direct sunlight as nylon.

I recently spent a pretty chilly night on Twin Cone inside a nylon tent. I know this could have been made better with better sleeping bags.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a canvas tent, but storage inside my Explorer is tight-...

Iz's Bingo Bus/Tow Rig

I decided it was time to pass on the old E-350 and replace it with another.

So I picked this guy up on Saturday.

- 2001 E-350 7.3 PowerStroke (does not leak!!)
- Auxiliary air-conditioning/heat under the chassis
- 13 seater (including the driver) but I'll probably change up this combo.
- Air-powered side barn doors (by far the coolest part of the vehicle)
- Wide power side mirrors
- Padded interior walls (in case I go nuts.. oh wait)
- Luggage rack (will probably be removed)

Some...

1982 Fleetwood Jamboree. 460/c6

Hey to all my fellow Explorers!
Well i just purchased my first RV today and it has a few issues and i thought that just maybe some of the fellow Explorer brothers might have some insite or answers to my Newbie MotorHome questions??
Like i said this is the first motorhome that i have ever owned, and unfortunatly ive never known anyone else that has owned one to help me out, so i figured what better place to get some good-ol advice than from the best forums in the world right here.
It is a...

Custom tonneau cover for the tow rig

Background: I have an 05 f250 crew cab long box. I have an over-sized toolbox in it and I was wanting a tonneau cover while keeping my toolbox. I also wanted a hard top style that couldn't be cut with a knife.

I lucked out an picked up a LEER fiberglass hard top tonneau cover for a shortbox superduty for free that also came with a bedslide. I decided to section part of it out to get the length I needed to keep my toolbox (10.5 inches in this case) while keeping the "factory" cover look...

My newest mistake

Seems like I can't spend money fast enough.

And why finish one project before you start another? ;)

So that's the basic line of thinking that led me to my latest bad decision. Last night I became the "proud" owner of a 1970 Winnebago (15'). I didn't even know Winnebago made pull behind campers.

Here is where I'm going to beg those older and wiser for advice. I'm gonna need lots of it. And probably a little divine intervention.

The breakdown:
- It's a camper in the loosest...

Fender Surface Protection

Picked up a new 5x10 steel side trailer this past weekend. I'd like to cover or coat the top of the wheel fenders with something to protect them from when I step on them to get in and out. My first choice is Herculiner, as I am going to be coating the wheel wells, bottom half of the front, inner walls, and some other areas that were prone to wear and rusting on my old trailer. But, I wanted to see if folks recommended something else that might have a little less texture (I want it to look...

Project for someone

Saw this the other day and thought it would be a cool rig to do a 4wd conversion (and a 5.0L swap).

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/1449121810.html

1984 Ford Ranger Rollalong. Ever seen one?? 2.8 L V6, C3 automatic transmission, approx. 124k miles, dual rear wheels, aftermarket cd player, etc. This vehicle has lived in a desert southwest climate. There is zero rust on this truck, except for very minor areas that are noted in the photos. Features a pop-up top, furnace...

Back