Tires & Wheels | Page 520 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires & Wheels

Want to know what size tire or wheel combo will work with your Ford Explorer or Ranger based vehicle? Interested in Beadlocks or Dubs? Learn all about them here.

Can someone tell me the back spaceing (or off set) needed to fit 33/12.5 tires, so as they would not rub on the front sway bar, and the inter fender wall on the rear. Wheels are 15 by 8. I have 31/10.5 now and they rub just befor full lock.
I was just talking to the guy at the local tire shop and he was telling me that the BF Goodrich AT and the good year wrangler AT/s tires were terrible and that I was going to hate them for everyday use. Is this true anyone use these tires. Thanx Keith
First, You need to look at a car that gets really good mileage driving that for every weekday. Dead Link Removed I have some High spirit MT's that are made by Kelly-Springfield that I love. They are a little noisey but I don't think they are too bad. Mine are 31X9.50's on 15" rims(92 xlt). They seem to do really well so far in mud, but I haven't had very many chances to get off road yet. I would recoment MT if you are doing hill climbs. Hope this helps. ChrisW
Back