Tires & Wheels | Page 520 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires & Wheels

Want to know what size tire or wheel combo will work with your Ford Explorer or Ranger based vehicle? Interested in Beadlocks or Dubs? Learn all about them here.
is there any way i can run 32x11.50's with coil spacers, 2" body and shackles? When i put my friends 31x10.50 on i seemed to have plenty of room (about 2 inches) before it would hit my sway bar. Can i put 32x11.50's on my stock 7" rim? Does any compny other than superswamper make a 32x10.50??
I have sort of a problem. I found a great deal on 5 33x12.50 tires with rims. The rims are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and I was told that they had a 4 inch backspacing but I originally thought that they were 15x8s. I just figured out that they were 15x10s, so my question is will these rims fit correctly, 15x10 rim with 4inch backspacing. I hope so because it is a great deal and I hope that I can get them but I dont know if they are going to hit any of the suspension components because the rims are wider then what people normally run. Well I just found an answer for 35x12.50 tires which would mean that they should fit for my application but I just want some confirmation to make sure before I make the purchase.
I have a 1996 explorer sport 4x4 with torsion twist and shackles. I am interested in upgrading my wheels to a newer model. I have been looking at some 16" and 17" wheels that I like. I am looking to get a set of the BFG all-terrains along with new wheels, and I'm wondering what the largest size tire that I can fit on either the 16" or 17" wheels without rubbing. Any information or suggestions will be much appreciated. thanks
4 -17" cobra r wheels(silver) and tires for explorer......they are in good shape with BRAND new tires (0 miles).....the tire size is 275 60R17 i believe (truck not here at this time) but i know they are exactly the same tire that goes on 93-95 lightnings........ready to go on your truck and they look really good....i bought them for my mountaineer but i am now selling it so i am putting the stock wheels back on....everyone that saw the truck with the wheels on it was impressed. located in milwaukee, wisconsin - will not ship/deliver(delivery possible within 100 miles) $550 414-507-8884 cdermody@wi.rr.com
Back