Tires & Wheels | Page 520 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires & Wheels

Want to know what size tire or wheel combo will work with your Ford Explorer or Ranger based vehicle? Interested in Beadlocks or Dubs? Learn all about them here.
Hear me out. I've got a '94 2 Door 2WD with the 5 speed that I drive daily, but I also drive it on gravel/dirt fairly often. I'm a hiker and just generally like playing around in the woods so I find myself on 15-20 mile access road drives often. I run 255/70 R15 General AT2's on the stock 15x7 aluminum wheels and they do great out on trails, even at the 28psi that I run on the road. I don't get into anything too aggressive because it is just a 2WD. I've been interested in trying out airing down to help with comfort on rougher terrain. A 10 mile drive to a trailhead isn't too bad because I'm hyped up to go hiking, But the 10 mile drive out the next day isn't always as enjoyable, especially after a heavy hike. I've been putting...
Hey guys, recently I found a cut in the sidewall of one of my tires and didn't think much of it as when I got them (from walmart) I got the road hazard warranty. I run 31X10.5r15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T's on stock rims (Link to tires on Walmart) Last week I went in and they told me the tires had worn down from 18/32" to 15/32" and they were only going to replace 1 tire. I pushed back against that because I know that if nothing else you need to replace them in pairs. They ended up not having time to work on it, so I left for the day. I made an appointment and came back today and was told that 3 of the tires were at 15/32" and the damaged tire was at 14/32". I told them it was a 4WD truck and that at 3/32" under new size that...
I have a 2005 automatic 4×4 Explorer XLT, all the bells & whistles, sans the 289 V8, & I have replaced rear parking brakes shoes & hardware kit, new rotors, pads, & calipers, also had rear diff serviced & new sway bar links put on. (All parts from TRQ/1A Auto) However, every time I start it & it gets even just a lil bit warmed up, every time the rear wheels make a revolution, I get a whining or winding sound from the driver side, & possibly passenger, rear wheels. It comes. And it goes. It calls for 235 70 16s, but I put some brand-new Dunlop 235 60 16s on it that I bought for $5 apiece, & was wondering if that could be my problem? Any thoughts/input appreciated! Also, it NEVER makes the noise while in the air! Only when actually being...
Back