Tow Rig Forum | Page 64 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tow Rig Forum

Towing, hauling, boats, campers, trailers etc... Trailer hitches, weight distribution, hitch ball, safety chains, tow bar and brake controllers. Discuss it all here!
Just sold my Tacoma and am looking for a new vehicle that will need to tow my Razor. I'm looking at 2019 sports with the 3.5 ecoboost. I know the tow rating is 5,000 but what am I looking at real world? The RZR and my trailer will be around 2200#. I also take it camping, which between me, my girlfriend, and my gear will add some weight. I live in Utah and there's a lot of steep grades and high elevations. How do you think the explorer will handle it? I'm coming from a Tacoma that I was unhappy with the tow performance. Thank you.
My 2000 XLT has two wiring harness sockets--one behind the bumper on the driver's side, a four wire towing light plug, and one behind the bumper on the passenger's side which appears to have six pins inside. I cannot find any after-market wiring harness for the passenger side plug. I have to think it's for a 7-way RV connection? Any help would be appreciated.
Back