WHOOPS!! | Page 82 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WHOOPS!!

Sometimes things don't always go as planned. Post pictures and stories of your best...or worst mishaps here.
some idiot decided he wasnt gonna wait for the red light or train, so he BACKS INTO ME, i was at a complete stop and more than a cars length away.. and he just.. floors it..... omg.... damaged my front right side.. bumper is all bent up, grill is smashed.... pisses me off so much how stupid people can be... il get pics when i can.... ARG!
http://www.nicksildesigns.com/uploads/bumpinside.jpg http://www.nicksildesigns.com/uploads/bumpleft.jpg http://www.nicksildesigns.com/uploads/damncorsica.jpg http://www.nicksildesigns.com/uploads/wholeinbump.jpg http://www.nicksildesigns.com/uploads/holebump.jpg :eek: Luckily Explorer bumpers rest on the frame :) My mom had stopped in a pefectly flat... decently striaght stretch of road with her blinker on to turn left. While my mom was waiting for oncoming traffic a 20's something girl smoking a cigarette and tuning her radio failed to realize the explorer was actually stopped infront of her and she got the worst of it..(ha ha) Explorer Damage: Punctured, bent, scratched bumper. Corsica Damage...
It was bound to happen, 45% slope + guard rail x snow= one sad explorer.... After I hit the guard rail (ugh) I had to pull into a parking lot and tug the bumper off the right front tire with one of my off-road chains. Good thing I keep it in the back or I would have had to call a tow truck. Will post pics when the camera battery is charged but the damage total seems to be the right marker lights, the right fender, and the front bumper:thumbdwn:
Well, here we go again. Another person had a whoops into my car. The story... Im sitting in class working in a study group, having a good day, nice weather, all is well. I feel my phone vibrate and I just assume its my girlfriend texting me again about how I don't call her enough or something of that annoying manner, but it wasn't. My friend carli texted me and to my surprise, and dismay, she said Kayla hit my car while backing out. Needless to say I grabbed my sh*t and said see ya later to the teacher. I get out to my car expecting just a little scratch or something minute to find this: 1600$ in damage. My car is really dirty right now so its hard to see all the damage, but there are little dents all along the rear door, and...
I Got Stuck In Some Pretty Deep Water And Flooded My Interior. I Burned Out The Power Seat Motors On My 2000 Explorer Limited. The Major Electrical Problem I Am Having It The Power Door Locks Do No Engage Or Disengage With The Button On Door Or The Key Fob, But The Alarm Arms Itself With The Button. Does Anyone Know What Is Causing My Locks To Not Work? Everything Else Seems Ok. Any Help Will Be Greatly Apprecaited. Thanks.
What happened was my friend was driving his '95 F150 out of the parking lot when a girl in a '01 Honda Civic cut us off. Well what happened next was amazing and an insane ride as his prerunnered F150 went up on top of the Honda's hood and completely destroyed the front passanger side of the Honda. Here are the pictures of both cars. The damage to my friends F150 was a bent and broken prerunner bumper, bent fan, and his steering was messed up. And the damage to the girls Honda well you can see by the pictures.
Well, it finally happened... the X took a hit today on the expressway. I was in the left-lane of the expressway, and there was a disabled car on the right shoulder, with it's end sticking a little into the right lane. (you could go around it). A shipping truck in the right lane cut me off, and I had to hit my brakes to avoid an accident. A Honda Element behind me slammed his brakes, wasn't stopping fast enough, and swerved to the left, heading towards a grassy ditch between the eastbound and westbound lanes. He didn't make it, and his passenger-side front hit my driver-side rear. I'll get pics up tomorrow, but the damage so far looks like the following is destroyed.. maybe more when it goes to the collision shop: tailgate...
Went for a little trip not long ago, to a place called Hole in the Rock. A stones through to the north of Lake Powel and 57 miles of the most washed board road I've ever seen, south from Escalantie UT. Took 3 hours to get there. I pull up to look at an historical marker, shut the exploder off and it never started again. I figured that it was a battery but was not sure. Amazingly I had cell service. Call a wrecker out. (just in case it wasn't the battery). It took the wrecker 5 hours to get down the road. When he got there we put the battery in and it started back up. $6 a mile both ways, $10 an hour and other charges later, and yup $975 bucks for a new battery. Oh did you know that a Gen 3 will not come out of park with a low battery...
I never thought I would be posting here, but unfortunately time has come. I'm at Flagler college in St. Augustine, Florida and well last night was just not the best for me. We were at the beach partying (I was DD) and well, it started to pour so we packed up and was driving the group home. Pulled into the parking lot at the girls dorms, dropped everybody off, and was pissed cause my girlfriend broke up with me and just wanted to get to my dorm to sleep it off. With the combination of the tinted windows, rain, crappy ford back-up lights, and a pissed off me I backed up to turn around and well a tree popped out. Damage is below :( http://picasaweb.google.com/nickhalexander/UntitledAlbum
Start digging through those old pics! The First Annual "Best Whoops Picture Contest" is here! The contest will begin today and will end Jan 5, 2001. ------------------------------------------------------------ The Rules: 1) Must be an Explorer, Navajo, Ranger or alike 2) The pic must be your vehicle, supply a brief description of how you got into the predicament. 3) One entry per member, however if you have different angles of the same pic that is fine. 4) Moderators are excluded from the contest, and will be the judges, but invited to submit their pics. In the event of a tie, the Elite Explorers vote for the tie-breaker. The Prize: (1) Serious Explorations Video(Donated by Rick H.) If you are unsure on how...
This happened this morning in Baltimore, Maryland. To those that can't figure out what it is, it's a 2nd Generation Ford Explorer Sport. "I was driving next to this woman this morning on the inner loop of 695..she was texting while driving 60 mph..I honked at her..gave her a thumbs down...got behind her..she kept doing it. If you spent time as the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center..and could see first-hand what can heppen if you text and drive...to you or to the other drivers...you might wake up...Beats the hell out of not waking up!!! If it were up to me, texting and driving would be an automatic $ 1,000 fine..and 3 months suspended license to drive." That's just a shame. That's why you don't text, and drive. I don't...
Back