Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

hey thanks man...umm well i just went out n tried it again n it for sure goes...1 flash pause 9 flashes...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey thanks man...umm well i just went out n tried it again n it for sure goes...1 flash pause 9 flashes...?
I don't have the particular code list for your 2000 but a 1-9 flash code often means that the crash data recorder memory in the Restraints Control Module is full. According to the shop manual, the RCM must be replaced whenever the airbags are replaced.

If the truck was in an accident that deployed the bags and they were replaced without replacing the RCM, that could explain the code.

It would be a good idea to verify the code definition with a dealer to be sure before you order any parts.

Hi, the air bag light on my 95 Explorer XLT just started flashing 45 when I start it, and then stays lit after about 4 or 5 cycles. Can anyone tell me what this is indicating? Thanks!!

Getting a 3-4 code on mine

I am getting a 3-4 code on my 2002 4WD Explorer, after a few cycles of code the light stays on, any ideas? Thanks.

Airbag 46

When I turn my key on the airbag light flashes 4-2-4-2 like 3 times. Does anyone know what this means?

This is a 2003 Ranger? There is no 42 code on an '03 Ranger. Count again, a 24 maybe? A 24 says faulted crash module, replace it.

Wait, your title says Airbag 46. If it flashes 4 6 4 6 4 6, check the seat belt pre-tensioner plug on the drivers side seat belt buckle. It's under the seat.

I don't have the particular code list for your 2000 but a 1-9 flash code often means that the crash data recorder memory in the Restraints Control Module is full. According to the shop manual, the RCM must be replaced whenever the airbags are replaced.

If the truck was in an accident that deployed the bags and they were replaced without replacing the RCM, that could explain the code.

It would be a good idea to verify the code definition with a dealer to be sure before you order any parts.

My airbag drvr side did deploy, took it to dealer and they said they couldn't turn off airbag light after replacing airbag right away and would have to dig deeper into the problem at $110 an hour. No thanks!!

What is the RCM and could they have been negligent enough that that could be the problem?
It's flashing 4-6

Oh yeah 2003 Ford Ranger XLT. Front end collision, but not bad

Thanks soooo much! This is my first post...pretty excited!1

worked for me too

Clean the yellow plug under the front seat. It's a resistor which periodically throws a code if it gets a little dirt on the connection.

fixed my '02 ranger airbag light problem too, thanks!

2002 Ranger with blinking Air Bag light

I read the posts and counted the blinks. I had a 4-7. I pulled the passenger side connector off and reseated it and the error bag light now goes off and stays off.

2001 Explorer Sport Air bag light flashing

This makes post #2.. I have acquired a 2001 Explorer Sport that has a 3-2-3-2 flash pattern anyone got their handy Definitions Manual handy? This was my step sons car and I am currently tryin to restore it to its former glory before handing it over to the wife. So many problems so few $$$$
Thanks for any help that can be offered

explorer 2006 airbag light on

yesterday the light just come up. no flashing just stays on.

I will try today to clean the yellow connector under the seat. and also will check fuse. I will let you know what happend.

in adition to this posible solutions. what ealse can be causing this problem

Code 46

I get the same Code 46 on my 01 Ranger. I have cleaned and added the dielectric grease and the code still there. Any ideas? Has anyone had to replace the seat belt to get the code to go away?

other pages

being new here makes it difficult but I did find the list of codes on another page the other day.. my code 32 is a broken clockspring I found out. I'll try to find that list again and post it here

:roll::exporange:roll::exporange:roll::exporange:roll:

may help

Air-bag-error-code.gif

this is the code list for my EX
good luck

Air Bag code 36

Hey everybody,
Been having my air bag light flash 3 6 before going solid. I saw the list above for a 2001 Explorer Sport. I have a 2000 Sport. Don't know if it is the same, gonna try the solution the list gives but if someone has the list for that year, I would appreciate it.

96 b4000 flashing 42??

My 96 b4000 pickup is flashing 4 time then 2 times and does this 5 time. Then stays lighted the rest of the time till shut down. Any ideas. I need to register my truck for the year and it wont pass saftey and emissions. Any ideas???
Thanks,

This is a 2003 Ranger? There is no 42 code on an '03 Ranger. Count again, a 24 maybe? A 24 says faulted crash module, replace it.

Wait, your title says Airbag 46. If it flashes 4 6 4 6 4 6, check the seat belt pre-tensioner plug on the drivers side seat belt buckle. It's under the seat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My airbag light flashes code 19. From what I've read here, it probably means the RCM crash data memory is full. I read some other thread that mentioned clearing airbag codes by unplugging the connector to the RCM, turning the ignition key to hear a few beeps, and then plugging it back in. I printed the SRS circuit diagram for my 99 Explorer. It has a note on it above the RCM that says:

(1) PIN SHORTING BAR IS
ENGAGED WHEN MODULE
CONNECTOR IS
DISCONNECTED
(SHORTING BAR IS
CONNECTED BETWEEN
THE FOLLOWING PINS:
3-4, 6-7, 20-21)​

Pin 3 is "driver airbag feed" to the airbag.
Pin 4 is "driver airbag return" from the airbag.
Pin 6 is "passenger airbag feed" to the airbag.
Pin 7 is "passenger airbag return" from the airbag.
Pin 20 is "indicator driver" from the warning light on the dash.
Pin 21 is ground.

The circuit may not be the same on other models or years. I'm going to try unplugging mine to see what happens.

Back