Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The seat is just folded down, because I needed to put my tool box there. That 37 takes up alot of space:eek: That's also why I got those old 20mm ammo boxes to mount over the wheel wells. Then I can everything in them.;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I thought you were making room for a car seat! If you need any help with a car seat install, I have been specially trained in the installation. I even have a ID card for that.

I thought you were making room for a car seat! If you need any help with a car seat install, I have been specially trained in the installation. I even have a ID card for that.

now you tell me!:banghead:

ok one question about that, the seat should be in the center , but the car seat hooks are only on the outboard seats in both Volvo and 150, I have the volvo seat centered but ancored to the ancor point for the two outer seats as there are none for the center:confused: is this a no-no? because the 150 book said it was? and if so why?

thanks Brian

now you tell me!:banghead:

ok one question about that, the seat should be in the center , but the car seat hooks are only on the outboard seats in both Volvo and 150, I have the volvo seat centered but ancored to the ancor point for the two outer seats as there are none for the center:confused: is this a no-no? because the 150 book said it was? and if so why?

thanks Brian
Yes, it is a no-no, because the anchor points are designed to work in a pair, not two halves, like you have it set up. Besides, they are not in the right position like that, and the center seat is not designed for the anchor points to be used. I would just go with a outboard seat and the anchors, or the center seat with the belt. If you pull the seat belt out all the way until it stops, then let it in slightly, you will notice it locks. Just feed the belt through the slots on the car seat, then put your knee in the middle of the seat with all your weight while slowly letting the belt retract. It should lock up good. Car seats can move about one inch at the belt path and still be secure.

Yes, it is a no-no, because the anchor points are designed to work in a pair, not two halves, like you have it set up. Besides, they are not in the right position like that, and the center seat is not designed for the anchor points to be used. I would just go with a outboard seat and the anchors, or the center seat with the belt. If you pull the seat belt out all the way until it stops, then let it in slightly, you will notice it locks. Just feed the belt through the slots on the car seat, then put your knee in the middle of the seat with all your weight while slowly letting the belt retract. It should lock up good. Car seats can move about one inch at the belt path and still be secure.

cool, yeah I noticed it was still a little floppy in the front, but I'll fix it and make sure it's tight. I still don't get why they didn't put ancors in all 3 seats:confused: I guess because they figured people would mix them up. Well at least I know the base in the 150 is right. Thanks Brian;)

cool, yeah I noticed it was still a little floppy in the front, but I'll fix it and make sure it's tight. I still don't get why they didn't put ancors in all 3 seats:confused: I guess because they figured people would mix them up. Well at least I know the base in the 150 is right. Thanks Brian;)
They only have two because DOT only requires two.

So I'm thinking of having a bumper sticker made ...

"powered by recycled materials"

:D

What do you all think!:p:

Yeah, recycled DINOSAURS!

Lookie what I just ordered:D:thumbsup:

license_20071217230504_85958.jpg

So I'm still waiting for this...:rolleyes: But I checked DMV's website and it says this plate is no longer available...:thumbsup::D I guess that means it's on it's way!:bounce:

they said it takes 8-12 weeks:rolleyes: then I have to make a appoitment to pick it up, and trasfer the info to the plate.

When you order a plate it's not registered to a car yet. You could just pay the fees every year and hang it on your wall:thumbdwn::rolleyes:

So I talked to DMV today, and they said that the prisoner are making it still:D

Really..she said that!:p: But the plate is mine:thumbsup::D

So I talked to DMV today, and they said that the prisoner are making it still:D

Really..she said that!:p: But the plate is mine:thumbsup::D

Bummer. I ordered plates last week! :mad: I didn't think it would take months to get them. :thumbdwn:

Bummer. I ordered plates last week! :mad: I didn't think it would take months to get them. :thumbdwn:

She said it's closer to 3 1/2 months:thumbdwn:

8 weeks= Black text
12 weeks= Black+Red text

you order them
order goes to sacremento
then goes to prison
prisoner makes it, and steels scrap metal to cut his roomates throat.
need to keep your plate for evidance
some other prisoner kills him, so more investigation

plate gets sent back to sacremento
plate then gets sent to your local DMV
You make a DMV apponiment to go pick it up
and if you rembered to take your old plate with you, you get to have them:p:

and steels scrap metal to cut his roomates throat.
need to keep your plate for evidance
some other prisoner kills him, so more investigation

I remember when they just sent you the dang plate. WTF???

You think they are called "Roomates"???? How about;
Cellmates
Bunkmates
Bit*&
:eek::p:

So I'm thinking of having a bumper sticker made ...

"powered by recycled materials"

:D

What do you all think!:p:

Found this for my bumper sticker idea:p:

dino_time.png

^-- Agreed! That logo is great!

Back