How to roll up auto window manually?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to roll up auto window manually??

wow yeah doesn't sound like i'll be doing this. Its not my car its my step dads. he can pay 250 to have it fixed

Just put it back in...

lol. It's not too bad taking it out. But putting it back in sucked. You need to twist part of it back and put in the bolts holding the motor to the bracket only a few twists. The bolts need to be loose enough so that when you twist the twist motor more to get the window gear in, it can go under neath the motor's gear, so when you tighten the bolts, hold it in place, and push on it to get the motor's gear in it's place, the teeth on the motor's gear and on the window gear will go together. Then after all that you need to figure out where the window needs to be so the holes will line up to put bolts in where the rivets were.

Before I put it back in I connected it to the switch and it worked fine!! Took it out for nothing. I can roll it up and down no problem, no binding or anything. It was just like Pensa, except I tried going all the way up and down and it never stuck again..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

me thinks that you might have done nothing... as a result, a stuck window is in your future... :) but maybe not ... good luck.... on to your rear door problem... :-(

It was just like Pensa, except I tried going all the way up and down and it never stuck again..

I have had mine back down all the way a few times without a problem, I just don't want to take the chance of being somewhere that I needed to get it up and have it stuck again.

It also wouldn't be much fun being out on the highway and have a hard rain come up and finding out it was stuck again.LOL

me thinks that you might have done nothing... as a result, a stuck window is in your future... :) but maybe not ... good luck.... on to your rear door problem... :-(

Yeah, I see it too, but when is the question.. lol. I would have done something, but I didn't see anything binding, nothing sounded bad, it worked over and over.. etc. I can't fix what I can't see broken.. :(

And about the door... yeah.... Same thing there. Took it apart and it looks fine, just that sometimes it unlocks on the first try, and others it takes 3 tries.. I'm gonna go to the junk yard when I can and get an actuator and the rest of it if possible. Just swap it all out and see how that works.

of course all everything happens at once. My girls focus was misfiring and stuff after I cleaned the engine bay, cleaned the MAF and intake. Cleaned it all again, drove it and then realized I needed to change all the spark plugs cause water got around them and coroded the tops of them. Luckily it didn't get into the cylinders... Also when replacing the PCV valve broke a hose. Still kinda boggy though. I think I need to replace the fuel filter cause I tried some sea foam in it to clean it out... lol. My luck with cars sometimes....

I have had mine back down all the way a few times without a problem, I just don't want to take the chance of being somewhere that I needed to get it up and have it stuck again.

It also wouldn't be much fun being out on the highway and have a hard rain come up and finding out it was stuck again.LOL

No, wouldn't be at all. lol. I made the window stay up after taking the motor out, last ngiht it rained and the window had dropped about an inch. So it got a little wet in there unfortunately.... Not too bad though cause I caught it when I went out there to grab soemthing late last night. lol.

Back