How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

if i were you id get some side steps because those will hide a few inches of the frame

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i were you id get some side steps because those will hide a few inches of the frame

I'm actually getting electric steps, they drop when you open the doors, and tuck when you close them.

did you have to use the fuel filler extension when you did the lift?

did you have to use the fuel filler extension when you did the lift?

I didn't use it, though it did look like it was the right size pipe.
Would be easy to put on though if you don't think you have enough room there, it's very easy to get at, especially with the spare tire removed.

Ben.

just ordered my lift today

More lift? Keep us posted, I dont see how you could lift Gen 3 any more than that.

More lift? Keep us posted, I dont see how you could lift Gen 3 any more than that.

I'll make sure to keep ya's posted, after working on it all weekend, I started fabrication today.
Should be done this week, hopefully installed next week.

Ben

quick question for road bully...

how did you manage to squeeze the fan shroud out i can't seem to get it to slide out...

and also was it just me or were your front body mounts pretty much impossible to unscrew?

quick question for road bully...

how did you manage to squeeze the fan shroud out i can't seem to get it to slide out...

and also was it just me or were your front body mounts pretty much impossible to unscrew?

The front ones were actually one of the easiest ones I remember doing, I just used a large breaker bar, and some liquid wrench.
For the fan shroud you only need to separate the bottom section, and it comes out through the bottom.
I did mine after the lift was done, I don't know if that would make it easier or harder, but it was an afterthought for me.
Once all of the bolts are out of the lower part of the shroud and the clamp that's on the rad hose it shouldn't be too hard to get out.
I'm pretty sure I slid the passenger side of the shroud up... and got the driver side to pop out.

Good luck with it,

Ben

alright thanks...right now everythings ready to be lifted except the shroud but i'm done for the night..

i plan on putting ALOT of pics up tomorrow when it's done though:D

plan on ordering mine soon car dealer ship were i bout my ex is sliping me 100 bucks for bringin people to them.

Good job guys, Get those ex's lifted.

well i finally finished the lift today and it looks good..

installation went smoothly for the most part..

only problem i have is that the bolts in the kit were a little long..and they wouldn't tighten enough to pull the body to the frame very tightly ...did you have this problem?...

for now i got the front , rear and one of the middle ones tightened all the way but the others are simply too long

so i guess for now i'ma just leave em as they are and take the driving easy for the time being

oh and pictures tomorrow

well i finally finished the lift today and it looks good..

installation went smoothly for the most part..

only problem i have is that the bolts in the kit were a little long..and they wouldn't tighten enough to pull the body to the frame very tightly ...did you have this problem?...

for now i got the front , rear and one of the middle ones tightened all the way but the others are simply too long

so i guess for now i'ma just leave em as they are and take the driving easy for the time being

oh and pictures tomorrow

You should be able to put a washer or two at the top of the bolts and they'll tighten up nicely.
Post them pics as soon as you can... good job man :thumbsup:

well here it is...
P1010128.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010125.jpg

P1010130.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010134.jpg

for reference those are 255/75/16 firestones

i plan on making a piece out of plastic to hide this gap..i just gotta find the time for it

also as far as the rear bumper goes...i just flipped it upside down and put it back on and it fits pretty nicely...just gotta drill new holes to mount it to the frame now

Nice job on the bumper, I didn't even think to try that.

That looks fantastic--the bumpers look great too. Bumpers took a long time to line up on my 2" bodylift. Now all u need is some bigger wheels & tires! Nice Job!!

yeah i actually went looking around at tires and wheels today....

it might take me a little saving up to do for that part haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good work man, we're all proud of you
Scotty

Back