Need help with navigation system update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with navigation system update

bdmelton4

Reaction score
City, State
Corydon, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer 98Explorer
My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and don't understand all this stuff).
Thanks

My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and don't understand all this stuff).
Thanks

If I were you I'd first call the local Ford dealership and see what they offer as far as updates go. I'm not familiar with the factory navigation (hell i don't even know if its hard-drive or cd based).

Figure out who the manufacturer of the navigation unit is and see if THEY provide updates.

After you've tried that I'd look aftermarket

Just an update on this. I called the most reliable Ford dealer in the area and he shot me down quick. Said they didn't even have access to these which I find hard to believe and said to call the radio manufacturer. I ended up getting one from a guy on ebay that seems to sell them on a regular basis. It's probably against policy for me to put his name on here but he went way above the call of duty to help me, can't say enough good about him. If you need one contact me and I will give you his ebay name.
One more thing. Since the old software was more than 2 years old my daughter said it made a huge difference in the information available on the newest cd.

I would like to find a update for navigation I have a 2007 mountaineer if anyone has any info on it thanks Tdooman

Back