2000 Ford Explorer Prerunner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer Prerunner

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer. I have made a custome long travel kit in the front.
I like this thread because it will help me with my explorer engine problems I know I will have.
I have had my truck for about 6 months.
I live in Anaheim.

HPIM1288.jpg

THe front bumper is not finished yet.
I hope to have my truck done and jumping by august of this year.
up next is bump stops and new leafs for the rear.
In the back all I have are shackles for a little lift.
HPIM1287.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that 3rd pic in post number 17 is awesome. I actually set it as my wallpaper haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa I missed this. Very nice work! :eek: :cool:

Have you needed to do anything to the rear quarter panel to fit your 33s at bump? I'm sure you have more bump travel than i do with my AAL, and i only have 32s and they are getting shredded by the sheet metal.

Have you needed to do anything to the rear quarter panel to fit your 33s at bump? I'm sure you have more bump travel than i do with my AAL, and i only have 32s and they are getting shredded by the sheet metal.

I have not done much. I had to hammer up the sharp pieces coming down and that's it. I have huge poly urethane bumps that help with it hitting.

Put on rear fenders this weekend.
fenders.jpg

I have wheel spacers I am going to be putting on the rear.

Did you trim any of the body underneath them? Pics of that?

wow. wish i lived near sand! would kill to do some of that, but ill just stick with mud and rock here....
like the X btw! looks sick!

My buddy owns this truck now. It's all painted gold now, on 35" BFG KM2s, and he's having the leaf springs re-arched and is planning on C-notching the frame in back and having longer shackles made. Not my first choice of plans for it but we'll see how it works.

Where can I find lower control arms separate from the kit? I would like to buy them separately.

He made them I believe. At least that's how I read it, he said they tried to copy camburgs kit

Do you have the demensions to aquire this same lift? I'm not sure what size upper and lower control arms or strut tower length to run 14" of travel. Any help would be appreciated!

What dimensions exactly? I recommend PMing nodnarb, that's Brandon at BTF Fabrication. He'll be able to give you info and pricing on what you want.

Back