Turdle and Gmanpaint's Rock Slider Build Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turdle and Gmanpaint's Rock Slider Build Thread

Ding Ding
Subscibing for ring side seats:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whoa!
I thought we were all past this stuff.

Anyway-Froader, yes I did remove my plastic and even pounded up the body seam under there. My touch foam must have been a bad batch, it was still expanding after days, so some of the holes look bad. I herc'd a portion also, then painted over all of the lower silver

here is the side views--forgive the dirt

jonsdriver.jpg

Jonspassenger.jpg

and the real issue can be seen clearly in this view-look at those silly ol brackets--just begging to be plucked off

stupidbracket.jpg

Take them off, the bars make excellent pry bars or spare tool material.

and the real issue can be seen clearly in this view-look at those silly ol brackets--just begging to be plucked off

stupidbracket.jpg

Did I just hear "coil over"?

~Mark

Just beat said torsion bar mounts until they rip then go solid :D

The nylon was not my idea. Nylon idea was mentioned for under the sliders. Jon knows what I am talking about. I guess I can see how you guys think I am the bad guy here. I tried to help out as much as I could. Which one of you guys can just stay away from home and your job for a week with out planning on it? Sounds easy for some of you I guess, but not for me.

We were both all stressed out and I am all good--I hope you are also.
Please guys, take the popcorn to a different channel ok? We have work to do here, let's keep the priority's in line. :D

d 60 or d 44 debate is raging in my head--and the coilover ifs still wants to butt it's way in there. These are matters for another thread, which I will start when I am ready for the truck to be down for a while.

I mean, why not, it always is anyway. :rolleyes:

I would coil over the IFS...just my opinion. Have you actually ever hit the brackets on anything? I have never once hit them on anything or hung them up on anything and ive taken my truck though some crazy stuff.

I would coil over the IFS...just my opinion. Have you actually ever hit the brackets on anything? I have never once hit them on anything and ive taken my truck though some crazy stuff.
Not JT but Blee1099 snapped one torsion bar on a rock a few years back.

But for the cost, I would skip the coil over and just go solid axle. Even if it was a Dana30 swap, that I think would be more bang for the buck than a coil over conversion with the stock A-arms.

I would coil over the IFS...just my opinion. Have you actually ever hit the brackets on anything? I have never once hit them on anything or hung them up on anything and ive taken my truck though some crazy stuff.

Yes,
I got into a spot where the front was making a big circle and coming down on the bracket. It was fun, and just a matter of time before we were a low rider again. And, I chipped the powdercoat, I mean WTF?

Yes,
I got into a spot where the front was making a big circle and coming down on the bracket. It was fun, and just a matter of time before we were a low rider again. And, I chipped the powdercoat, I mean WTF?

I see....I guess yours hang down a little further than mine because of the superlift kit too. Am I right or am I wrong? Im trying to picture it in my head....They hang down 4" lower than the factory ones but at the same time your under body is about 2" higher than mine....hmmmm IDK ive confused myself.

ok i finished the popcorn....:D

so when the mass production gonna start?

Awsome work, They come out great!!

They were nice--I saw them at SMORR, too. I think we need to see how well they hold up on a really good workout.......

Get rid of those torsion bars and go solid, man! C'mon--you know you want a D60! :cool:

:D

They were nice--I saw them at SMORR, too. I think we need to see how well they hold up on a really good workout.......

Get rid of those torsion bars and go solid, man! C'mon--you know you want a D60! :cool:

:D

Well, at least one of us are planning to rid our selves of the torsion bars!;)

They did there job on at least 2 diff occasions at Smorr. Worked great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back