Creative ignition system | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Creative ignition system

no i don't but i can draw it up and scan it then attach it here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i don't have a web address to upload it to. i can e-mail it if you like and you can post it

o.k. one more time

pushbuttonign.jpg

Looks better this wayÑ
relaywiring.jpg

sorry, new to the whole forum thing. thanks for setting me straight. funny it looks alot worse now that its up for the world to see. oh well it was a quick job. any way thanks again. Here's a better diagram.

pushbuttonign.jpg

you could some how hard wire a remote start module with a button on it instead of having a key fob i think it would be able to be done i am very interested i might do this myself

you could some how hard wire a remote start module with a button on it instead of having a key fob i think it would be able to be done i am very interested i might do this myself

Wouldn't you still need to put the key in the ignition to be able to drive off though?

yes, but i'm working on that. i talked to a ford tech and got the service manuals to repair the column lock. unfortunately it looks pretty complicated. you have to lower the column to access the lock to disable it. if i get some time later i might just poke around to see how involved it is

It appears that it's going to be a little involved to disable the column lock, and since i'm short on time right now it will have to wait. I did however come up with a temporary solution. I picked up a non-PATS key and had it cut to match my PATS key. I removed the plastic and cut off part of the remaining tab so that you can't see that there is a key in the ignition. After I push start the truck I can turn the key cylinder to unlock the column. If anyone does happen to find it the truck still won't start. This will get me by temporarily.

Wouldn't you still need to put the key in the ignition to be able to drive off though?
No...I dont need the key for mine.I was forced to drill out my ignition.Ran wire from starter solenoid down below to the starter relay on the fender wall.then ran my blue n red starter wire to my start button...as well as the toggle switch,which I ran my ignition wire with as well.so my toggle switch works as an acc and run and the start button engages the flywheel to start my vehicle. Sorry I didnt explain specs very well....just wanted to post this whjile i had little time left on break before I clock back in.trucks been running great ever since..which was 13months ago.hope I could help somebody with this quick explanation

Back