Turning off that annoying seats belt chime | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turning off that annoying seats belt chime

Hi,
I tried disabling chime on 99 Explorer Sport using these instructions. Tried buckle-unbuckle 3 times and tried 9 times. Neither worked. Any ideas? Also, after starting and driving, the chimes will ring 5 times 5 time in a row - total of 25 chimes. Owners Manual mentioned SRS warning. Can this be turn off? Will turning of the chimes for door also stop the chimes for SRS? Any help appreciated.
Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant seem to get this to work. after the second set of 9/3 unbucklings the light does not come back on

Hi,
I tried disabling chime on 99 Explorer Sport using these instructions. Tried buckle-unbuckle 3 times and tried 9 times. Neither worked. Any ideas? Also, after starting and driving, the chimes will ring 5 times 5 time in a row - total of 25 chimes. Owners Manual mentioned SRS warning. Can this be turn off? Will turning of the chimes for door also stop the chimes for SRS? Any help appreciated.
Dave

I cant seem to get this to work. after the second set of 9/3 unbucklings the light does not come back on

I believe this is for 3rd gens only.

Check the manual of your 2nd gen to see if the instructions are the same.

For everbody that hates that seat belt chime.....This is how to turn it off

Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating

Preparation

1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the transmission range selector lever in P (PARK) (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL position (manual transmission).

2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.

3. Close all the vehicle doors.

4. Unbuckle the driver safety belt.

5. Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.

Deactivating/Activating

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately one to two minutes).

3. NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.

4. Turn the parking lamps/headlamps ON then OFF.

5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.

6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.

7. The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:

-flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds

-three seconds with the safety belt lamp off

-flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again

8. The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.

9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

do you have the enable seat bealt chime on ford explorer 91?

All should be stating year and model for principle. Each year can be different along with each model. Those engineers don't get paid big bucks for just sitting around :)
Already I see post over 9yr old

Back