Keypad for keyless entry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keypad for keyless entry

Well I found my code. It wasnt under the dash but was behind the backseat. My sport trac is a job 1(5/00) so some of them must be behind the seat. Thanks for all the post.

Good news....Glad you found it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure my Job 1 ST has it behind the back seat.

Gee thanks for telling me, John. Ya just wanted to see me eat BBQ crow didn't you!:mad:

:D:D

Gee thanks for telling me, John. Ya just wanted to see me eat BBQ crow didn't you!:mad:

:D My baby is 10 years old this month. Time flies when you are having fun.

Picture proof of Job 1 Sport Trac keyless entry module located in center rear part of cab below the rear center window. Ok, these pics aren't perfect because I've had my module and interior ripped out of my truck for a while now.

Missing is the aluminum plate that the module screws to, but you can still see the wires dangling.

Attachments

• CIMG0060.jpg
    CIMG0060.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,288
  • CIMG0062.jpg
    CIMG0062.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,348

Sure glad to know it !! Thanks John.

From the passenger side. Took it with my cell phone.

ATTACH]

Fantastic pic. Now we've all seen one behind the seat. But now I have a question. Where the '01 has the module, my '04 has a large black plastic housing seemingly filling the entire area behind the middle of the rear seats. I sorta figured it was the rear window workings and never looked any further. So...what do I have behind my seat? I miss all the room I had in my '96 Bronco and can't even find a good place in the ST to store 400 amp, parrot clamp booster cables.

I found a code with 4 numbers and an "X". What is this?

It should be 5 numbers.

2001 Sport Trac Keyless Entry Code

remove the heater panel on top of your dash then go outside the car passenger side, lift your wiper blade then use a led flashlight and look inside the dash youll see a module with the code printed on, approx where the helper airbag is situated... position your head near the antenna approx 6inch higher than the hood from that angle you should be able to read it.... just did mine last weekend
I own a 2001 Sport Trac and found the keyless module under the defroster heater panel as well. It wasn't easy to retreive the number from the module, but at the correct angle from outside the vehicle through the windshield was able to get it. Good luck to all! jvjmw1

Back