• Register Today It's free!

Horn Location

Divemaster191307

Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 EB
Where the heck is the horn located on a 2007 Explorer? I got a Stebel Nautilus that was going to get installed on my bike, but it's a little big, so I'm thinking of putting it in the Explorer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet it is on the same place as my 02 was. If so there is one on both sides. They are up under the inner fenders down near the bumper in the front ofcourse. Kinda hard to find especially if you are in the situation I was both were dead. You can get some one to tap the horn and you look for it. They are easy to put in but a pain to get to, I just loosened the inner fender enough and pulled it back some.
STU

Thanks Stu. I'll look tonight. I don't need to take them out, just get to the wiring so that I can "splice in" the Stebel.

Huh. I like the Mountaineer horns so much, I was actually thinking about getting a set of them and putting them on my bike.

Huh. I like the Mountaineer horns so much, I was actually thinking about getting a set of them and putting them on my bike.

I get "pushed over" on my Vulcan at least once a week, so I want something with a little more gusto than the rather lame OEM horn. Even the loud Vance & Hines pipes don't register with cagers :mad: ... I may still end up trying to find a location to put the Nautilus on there, but for now, I have a $40 Air Horn laying in my basement, gathering dust, so I thought I'd give it a home on the Explorer.

Could you make pictures of the horns position and tell us what to do to reach them?
One week ago I also asked for the location of the horns, but didn't get any answer.
Saturday I was able to locate the horns, when laying under the car and using a lamp.

I took the inner fender down not out just enough to get to them. Not easy but if I remember you just loosen the nut and they slip off sideways or pull off the front or back. Not too hard to do, just tight in there.

STU

Found the horns but for the moment too much work to replace them.
Very hard to reach the screw because there is not much room.
Removed one of the two inner fenders.

7306433mil.jpg

7306435kbq.jpg

7306437qxg.jpg

Ok so I found the location, can someone tell me how to remove the bracket. I'm putting in a whole new assembly and can't figure out how to remove it from the Ex?

Back