91 EX painted my grill and rims black | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 EX painted my grill and rims black

well the rims were white when they werent dirty and it looked really off to me so i went out got some paint and just started spraying the rims then noticed that i wanted to do my grill. haha i like it :D

Before:
100_2471.jpg

After:
CIMG0325.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man:thumbsup:

Like a night & day difference!

Sweet mate, awesome job.

two thumbs up!

thanks guys.
im proud of it haha for only paying 100$ for the hole truck fixing the tranny for a round 400$ and a little bit of paint for 10$ i got a nice truck in my eyes.

its my baby

Looks better! Didnt wanna do the grille body color? Along with the mirrors and handles?

nah i think there is enough red on and in my truck with the paint job and the light bar and then my radio even lights up red haha
so i figured black would be a good match and i saw a couple of guys with the grill black and i liked the look:D

Thats cool. A lot of my vehicles have been sports (painted to match parts). I just bought my explorer for $500 from a guy who just didnt wanna fix it. Coincidentally, thats a sport too
Explorer.jpg

nice i like the look of the sports.

but i like the four doors much easier and more comfortable

nice i like the look of the sports.

but i like the four doors much easier and more comfortable

Im with ya there. We have the F150 for the room and comfort though. I picked this up as a snow beater for the wife, its better than her Cobalt in the snow.

well

being 18 cant really afford 2 rigs just yet haha but im working on it.
but yeah my parents have an f-150 lifted and an expedition

i got a explorer and a 1992 dakota and a 88 cutlass sl they are all mine im 21 and work 2 jobs lol no time to play =(
got a question whats with the light bar?

To the two posters directly above me...get all the toys now while you can!!!

It sounds cliche but I'm the ripe old age of 24, been married 3 years and since marriage my boat and motorcycle have slipped away. It's not like she "made" me sell them but it seems that mechanical toys are magnetically repelled by married women or something...it's weird.

Just a piece of advice from someone who was in your shoes not very long ago :)

P.S. Nice blacked out grill, Spare52

yep i do and i kno what ya mean been there tried that lol

well 93xplorer the light bar came off an old tow truck my step dad got me the bar for my birthday last month and we put it on and now i use it just randomly haha thought it would be cool lol:D

Explorer looks clean!! Always nice to see a fellow Oregonian on here...I'm up in Beaverton

That came out very good! :thumbsup:

thanks guys :)
just toasted the tranny the day after so im in need of a new one haha

I saw some explorers on the portland craigslist, parting out, in the last week or so.

another good place is www.car-part.com

good luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok

well i got the tranny at the shop and my buddy and i worked on it today and are fixing it all up. but while i was at the shop i noticed a nice little shiny thing on the shelve so i walked over and was looking at it. turns out when you blow your tranny and your super pissed about it if you go to your buddys shop at the right time you can get super axles and a detriot locker for free:D

Back