How to: - Body Work 101 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Body Work 101

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
mud.jpg

To begin Bondo is a product name for body filler.
I am not a fan of Bondo products.
I use Evercoat Rage Gold and Evercoat Metal Glaze.
It is a far superior body filler.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah
800 grit will be fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome! Very informative and detailed! Thank you!

I have a 94 explorer that is somewhat riddled in areas with small pin dents and a crease as well as a stove in passenger door. The dents along the lower area of the rear quarter are not easily accessible from the inside. Would I just sand and fill those? or would one of those hot glue buttons with the sliding hammer work?
Here is a link to the pics.
Thanks in advance!

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/risoby/Ford Explorer/

Read through all the OP's posts for the whole process, was awesome.

Best part about the entire thing?

RAVENS!

good write up man, im in my 2nd year at my high school shop class and can do dents and use bondo pretty good now but cant paint for the life of me, i love how light metal glaze is and how easy it is to sand, what would your suggestion be on racker panels, mine are rusted real bad and im wanting to replace them this year, im leaning towards weld on ones since i have a welder that i can use, also what kinds of welds should i do? i would imagine plug? thanks a lot

well nice job done.......
really impressive, now i am a fan of Bondo products.
clearly explained thanks for showing step wise pics.

Hey, Monmix, sorry to grave dig, but I'd like to see how the repair has stood up since 2004. Care to provide an updated photo?

The last time I saw his truck you couldn't notice where it was.. Then again that's his line of work so I'm sure he knows what he is doing..
Posted via Mobile Device

...and Monmix hasn't been on since the end of August last year... Anyone know if he's ok?

he's happy with his wife & daughter.. Doing the father thing now.

Ah- that's cool... Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Hey, Monmix, sorry to grave dig, but I'd like to see how the repair has stood up since 2004. Care to provide an updated photo?

Let me wash it first. :)

Looks as good as the day after the repair.

...and Monmix hasn't been on since the end of August last year... Anyone know if he's ok?

yeah I am fine. Different chapter in life. Once upon a time I could not get on and off this place in less than an hour if not more. I am a husband now and very very happy. I would like to stay that happy if you know what I mean.

I am also a Daddy, and the last thing in the world I want is to watch my girl grow up wile sitting behind the computer.

Thanks for asking. This place was and still is awesome. It will always hold a special place in my world.

Back