Alberta folk..... where ya be? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alberta folk..... where ya be?

Ya if they are more active that would be good to get more people. I used to be on FordTruckWorld.com but I think that is pretty quiet now.

I would go wheeling with my Jeep but I just put it up for sale, so i'd rather not get it dirty after I detailed it yesterday. So in other words i'd love to go wheeling but I don't have a vehicle to do it with. My explorer is AWD street orientated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never seen a gtg go on as planned over there but I think between there and here we should be able to get at least a few Fords together. Have not been on FTW for a few years.

I hear ya on wheeling the Jeep, I wouldn't want to do all that work again either. I wouldn't be up to anything too crazy with the Explorer, yet :)

I'm still here!! Still in Lloyd but back n forth to Biggar, Sk every now n then... Got myself a 99 sport that I'm rebuilding... very slowly... if anyone would like to donate parts, let me know!!

Si

another one from the frozen North

Just thought I'd chime in here. Spent my first 40 years in Fort McMurray, but now living in Fort Saskatchewan. Quite the change, I must say.

I love the forums, and they have helped me quite a bit so far, as I recently acquired a '99 XL. Loving it so far as its my daily driver, but I too have been bitten by the 'mod bug' and am slowly turning my DD into a never ending money pit.

Any of you guys around Calgary know of a good shop to pick up the cheapest parts in town? Looking for lift, tires and a cargo basket

I got a lift installed on my former 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee at National 4WD which is just off Blackfoot Trail across the road from Blackfoot Motorsports. They were pretty good to deal with on that job. Just a little further south on Blackfoot you also have Modern Motors 4x4 closer to 58th ave. I bought a body lift from them for my old 2001 ranger years ago.

Bottom line is you can buy stuff cheaper online from US parts wareshouses, but you have to factor in duty and brokerage fees. Obviously the dollar is good to buy US stuff now.

With that being said, I still try to support local businesses and buy locally. I've recently gotten burnt by buying a transmission far away and having problems with it, and of course having to ship something back and forth is not fun.

In Calgary - '02 Sport

Howdy fellow Albertans !!

Recently picked up an '02 Sport - 5 speed manual - and going to do some mods if I can find bits. Also have a '94 sport - will probably try to sell it in the next while.

My '02 doesn't have cruise control and it looks like the mod is not that hard - am looking for a steering column already plumbed for cruise/tilt and should be able to swap it out and add the rest of the bits - master cylinder, cruise control module etc. If anyone might know of a source drop me a line. Western Trux in Calgary has one but they are asking $ 175 for it. I don't think it has to be out of a standard so there should be plenty of options for me.

Might be a pipe dream but heated leather power seats would be a nice mod as well.

I am not really an off roader , like Explorers

I am thinking of starting a parts hunt/mod thread in the main forms - not sure yet.

Maybe some of us will meet sometime...

Hmmm, what color is your interior on that 02 Sport?

Hmmm, what color is your interior on that 02 Sport?
Hi DirtyDog - my '02 sport interior is grey - not sure what the official color is called - with a black steering column.

Cloth seats , pretty basic for now. Going to add some things - overhead console, auto dim mirroe - and most importantly cruise.

You have piqued my interest - Why do you ask ?

I have dark grey leather seats and an auto dim mirror in an 04 Limited that may work for you.

I have dark grey leather seats and an auto dim mirror in an 04 Limited that may work for you.

Ahhh. Might be interested. Are the leather seats power and with heat ?

Can you drop me some pics ?

Thanks

FYI: Calgary Pick 'n Pull has a 02 V8 in today

It is in their special area - Fantasy Five - hood and right front quarter are munged but overall it looks to be complete.

Red exterior but I couldn't be sure of the interior though I think it is grey.

I saw the V8 insignia on it.

Anyone know of a spot that does custom suspension lifts preferably near calgary?

Anyone know of a spot that does custom suspension lifts preferably near calgary?

What do you mean by custom?

When I had my 2008 Grand Cherokee I got National 4wd to put a 4" superlift on it and they did a good job. They did one or two extra things above and beyond as well. I had no problems in the 3 years of driving that vehicle in relation to the suspension.

National is located off blackfoot trail, across the street from Blackfoot Motorsports. There is also Modern 4x4 a little further south on Blackfoot trail on the west side. I've never had any work done there but did buy a body lift from them for my old 2001 Ranger.

custom as in no company makes a pre built set so they would literally have to either fabricate one or put one together out of pieces from different sets

Explorer Owners in Calgary

So are there any people in the Calgary area that take their Ex's off roading? I just recently got an Ex and am looking to get out on the trails. It's stock right now but maybe someone can help guide me in the path of getting the ride rigged for the trails?

This thread is getting a bit stale but FWIW I'm not too far from all you Calgary sploder owners. I'm assembling my sport as a budget wheeler. I haven't found any good places to go that aren't an hours drive from Red Deer so a trip to Calgary will be made sooner or later.

My sploder if you care to see it http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284725

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally i found some guys from alberta, i recently swapped out my cherokee for my ex, so i have been going out with the jeep guys, it would be nice to go out wheelin with some other ex's... does anyone from the calgary area set up meets?

Back