• Register Today It's free!

BTF's cut and turn beam exchange

Brandon@BTF-fab

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 ranger
My brother is finally onboard fulltime with me here at BTF, so we now have the time to make more parts, like cut and turn beams. We can do them for $200 with exchange of your old stock beams. Or $400 outright. Phone is the best way to reach me at 909-702-7462. Beams will be made for a 4.5-5" lift coil.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Subscrbing...:biggthump

Woohoo.. :bounce: I've been waiting for this day. I'll be calling you very soon..

I guess I should post it in here too. Which Cut/Turn method are you using? Move lower balljoint I hope.

~Mark

Woohoo.. :bounce: I've been waiting for this day. I'll be calling you very soon..

I guess I should post it in here too. Which Cut/Turn method are you using? Move lower balljoint I hope.

~Mark

Yessir, we move the lower balljoint. We can also do c&t and extended/trussed beams as well

rad! i have btf cut and turned beams and they havent had a single issue yet!

goood deal brandon!

Do you have any pics of finished beams? I need more lift in the front of my X. I done the axle flip in the rear and lift brackets in the front with F-150 coil seats but the front still sets lower then the rear. Not sure how much lift the front brackets and coils were for, got them used off a Ranger at work. Will cut & turned beam allow for more lift? Was gonna do a SAS but if I can fix the problem this way I'll do it this way for now till I can get parts together for SAS.

Subscribing

Nice! I figure on jumping my Explorer a few more times and I feel a cut and turn would hold up better than the axle drop brackets. $200 is really reasonable, but how would shipping work?

interested and subscribing!

U got the mice turnin!

Subscribing....:popcorn:

Do you have any pics of finished beams? I need more lift in the front of my X. I done the axle flip in the rear and lift brackets in the front with F-150 coil seats but the front still sets lower then the rear. Not sure how much lift the front brackets and coils were for, got them used off a Ranger at work. Will cut & turned beam allow for more lift? Was gonna do a SAS but if I can fix the problem this way I'll do it this way for now till I can get parts together for SAS.

As long as your current camber is ok, the cut and turn will allow for another 4.5" of lift. You will most likely want new longer radius arms to keep caster correct when you add more lift as well. As far as shipping, customer will have to pay for that, as long as they are clean, ups will allow you to simply put a shipping label on the beam itself so you don't need to box it up.

Nice! I figure on jumping my Explorer a few more times and I feel a cut and turn would hold up better than the axle drop brackets. $200 is really reasonable, but how would shipping work?

pictures?

BFT cut and turned beams were waiting for me when I got home from work.

6024149978_21e6109841_z.jpg

Cut and turned Dana 35 beams by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

EDIT: Closer shot of the mod. Nice and clean welds.
6026767284_d6fc9e7787_z.jpg

welds on Cut and turned Dana 35 beams by maniak_az, on Flickr

...I know a few of these have been sold..Any How to threads started yet?

*cough* Maniak *cough*

pictures?

Here are a couple shots of ours right after we got them on.. Diff, axles and brakes are not on in these pics.

3.5" lift springs with f-150 spacers, for about 5" of lift with 0 degree camber shims/cams. Driver side camber is -1.75 degrees and passenger side camber is -.75 degrees

6157811590_f6dcb2bc01_z.jpg

IMG_8718 by maniak_az, on Flickr

Here is a shot of them installed. They look pretty much stock when installed.
6157266381_cb4322a88e_z.jpg

cut & turned - Front suspension shot by maniak_az, on Flickr

We now have a complete kit available from 4-6" lift! Includes your choice of 4" or 6" coils, extended heimed radius arms with pivot brackets, cut and turned beams, and extended stainless steel braided brakelines. Cost will be $1125 with beam exchange or $1425 outright. If you guys want shocks included too I'm sure we can figure something out.

hey so how are those beams so far i have a stock 92 and im thinking about getting them but not sure

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are a couple shots of ours right after we got them on.. Diff, axles and brakes are not on in these pics.

3.5" lift springs with f-150 spacers, for about 5" of lift with 0 degree camber shims/cams. Driver side camber is -1.75 degrees and passenger side camber is -.75 degrees

6157811590_f6dcb2bc01_z.jpg

IMG_8718 by maniak_az, on Flickr

Here is a shot of them installed. They look pretty much stock when installed.
6157266381_cb4322a88e_z.jpg

cut & turned - Front suspension shot by maniak_az, on Flickr

I thought you had to go with the swing set steering when you go with this amount of lift without pivit drop down brackets? Am I wrong, please educate me if i am incorrect.

Back