• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac

jackjanow

Reaction score
City, State
Lubbock, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
The display on my radio/singlecd/mp3 player faded and then went completely blank. Can anybody tell me what can be done to fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It may have de-soldered itself from the circuit board, as I have heard that it is common radio failure among Ford radios. If it is that, you could solder it again.

Stereo

I would just go out and get an aftermarket stereo...Will sound 1000% better than the stock...I put the pioneer avh-p4300dvd in my 2010 and also changed the speakers....Easy job and it sounds GREAT...Hope this helps...Mike

I would just go out and get an aftermarket stereo...Will sound 1000% better than the stock...I put the pioneer avh-p4300dvd in my 2010 and also changed the speakers....Easy job and it sounds GREAT...Hope this helps...Mike

I don't want to steal this thread, but did you need any kit to work with the 4300dvd? I am going to buy a Pioneer AVH -P 3300dvd in a few weeks, but not sure if it is a direct fit in the double DIN opening or do you need some type of ring to cover the outer border?

If you find ourself needing a new one I may part with mine since it's not installed in the truck.

Well you will need a kit to mount and center either the 3300 or the 4300. The 3300 has a 5.8" screan while the 4300 has a full 7" screan. Also it has a few more features. If you dont need nav,I have a 7" magellen up on my dash,i would go with the 4300. They are both great units as is all of the pioneer line. Like I said,you will need a mounting kit and also a harness to wire it into your stock harness ....Hope this helps

Well you will need a kit to mount and center either the 3300 or the 4300. The 3300 has a 5.8" screan while the 4300 has a full 7" screan. Also it has a few more features. If you dont need nav,I have a 7" magellen up on my dash,i would go with the 4300. They are both great units as is all of the pioneer line. Like I said,you will need a mounting kit and also a harness to wire it into your stock harness ....Hope this helps

Thanks Mike....That helps. I have not been on in a while, so sorry for not answering any sooner. I am a Pioneer guy from way back. I love their line of automotive units (not much for their home stuff). I have a Garmin unit, but don't need navigation very often. I have a harness from my Generation 1 Sport Trac that I removed when I sold the truck. I would assume the Gen 1 and Gen 2 have the same adapter/harness. I had a Pioneer 700BT in that truck, but didn't want to go with a single DIN in this truck. I miss the blue tooth feature and having my phone connected with the H/U. I will be ordering very soon and the order comes with a harness and kit (free, but you pay for it).

Thanks again for the reply...

The display on my radio/singlecd/mp3 player faded and then went completely blank. Can anybody tell me what can be done to fix it?

I have a similar problem with the display on my factory installed radio on my 2007 Ford Sport Trac LTD. It has AM/FM/SIRIUS/CD. The display has been getting more and more faint over the years. Now it is un-readable. I wonder if it is possible to replace the Display panel. The system works fine and I am happy with the sound quality. Just looking for a way to correct the display. Any ideas? Also is there a replacement package that includes an integrated XM tuner like the original equipment?

Mine had the same issue , this video helped me MAKE SURE TO GET THE RIGHT SOLDER tho. This is the solder I used Micro Center - Computers and Electronics and this is the video that helped me out.

Its for a fusion BUT they have the same radio.

MrCube05 and WillCall are correct.

This happened to me in my 2007 Fusion with the same Radio, 6 cd player. When the radio is on and playing, if you place your thumb on the middle of the display and apply some constant pressure (like 5 or 10 lbs.) it should slowly light back up...IF it's a solder issue, being in the heat after many years this can happens. The good thing is that this tells you that it WORKS! ... you have to pull it out of the dash and re-solder about 4 or 5 small resistors.... I did it and it's as good as new,,, It's not that hard if you are into that kind of thing.

Back