Stereo amp power wire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stereo amp power wire

W

w1kedz

Has anyone found a good way to route a 4ga power wire from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment? I'm hoping for a pre-existing run that I can piggyback on, but after about 30 minutes of scouring passenger, drivers, and engine sides I can't find anything.

Anyone do an aftermarket setup yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ford Police Interceptor Utility Modifiers Guide suggests the best firewall opening is a rubber grommet behind the glove box for wiring pass-through.

This is where the siren and lighting wiring is passed through.

The Guide isn't publicly released yet but I will try and find you a diagram.

The Ford Police Interceptor Utility Modifiers Guide suggests the best firewall opening is a rubber grommet behind the glove box for wiring pass-through.

Was going to try to do the stereo install today, so I'll remove the glove box and check it out. Thank you so much for the info!

Wow man.. that was literally the easiest amp run I've ever done. Thank you for the info, I would never have looked there otherwise.

Glad it helped.

Anybody have the diagram?

I've got it somewhere at work, I'll see if I can find it when I work next. It's very simple though. While it makes it easier, you don't even have to remove the glovebox. Just push the seat all the way back and lay upside down and it's relatively simple.

This is SUPER helpful. Thank you!

Back