Exhaust sizes? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust sizes?

Ah, makes sense. I think clamps would work just fine on most applications. On my ST, it would have led to mud/water getting in the muffler. I avoid mud every time I can, but there are instances where that just isn't possible. Gotta be prepared for that. On the Cougar, they have been clamped on until recently. Now it's just sitting. When I finish the engine rebuild and do the exhaust, I will have it welded just because it seems more appropriate for that amount of money and time not to have any leaks in the exhaust.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got back from having my dynomax super turbo installed. Stoked! alot quieter then i expected at idle but when you throttle it sounds perfect. will post sound clips soon

The quiet idle is why I liked it so much. It does get a little louder after it breaks in. Sounds really good over 3k RPM. Did you have the resonator removed?

yea i did. sounds really deep for a v6 4.0 really happy with this muffler. thanks for your help. but now i found a new problem when i parked it and shut it off i was checking out the job they did and noticed i got some oil leaking from the pan -.- it never ends.

Agree with Hugh (OffTrac), regarding "break in". A gradual, but subtle loudness increase, over time. Fiberglass insulation will slightly burn off. I have the same combination as robzilla. My SCT tuner, Zabteck throttle body, and K&N drop in, enhances the sound more. Listened to a lot of mufflers with the 4.0 SOHC. Don't recall hearing a deeper or more pleasing tone, with minimal drone. The best bang for the buck I've spent yet. Dynomax Superturbo rules! Enjoy!

Just got back from having my dynomax super turbo installed. Stoked! alot quieter then i expected at idle but when you throttle it sounds perfect. will post sound clips soon

How much did you pay to have it installed?

Ah, makes sense. I think clamps would work just fine on most applications. On my ST, it would have led to mud/water getting in the muffler. I avoid mud every time I can, but there are instances where that just isn't possible. Gotta be prepared for that. On the Cougar, they have been clamped on until recently. Now it's just sitting. When I finish the engine rebuild and do the exhaust, I will have it welded just because it seems more appropriate for that amount of money and time not to have any leaks in the exhaust.

I've had my truck in muddy water above my 32" tires so a good seal is a must.

Hello all,
I need information on the new muffler for the 2018 Ford Explorer Sport, now it has a split dual tips on the rear (quad tip) and I want to put an aggressive sound muffler in it (Flowmaster Super 44?), but I need to know the dimensions of the inlet and outlet on the 2018.
Also anyone in STAMFORD, CT are who knows a reliable Exhaust shop?

Appreciate any input that will help me find and add a muffler to my new Sport.
Thanks
LCL

If you gotta have a Flowmaster, the 50 series will probably sound better on the 4.0 IMO. I really don't think Flowmaster is the best choice for our trucks but that's just my opinion. I'm the odd guy in this forum, though, because I think a V6 should be efficient and quiet.
Where did you get your winch bumper? I've searched high and low but can't seem to find one.

Back