How to: - 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Thanks a lot, man. I'll check it out first thing tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your problem might actually be the red vacuume line that leads under the dash behind the glove box.thats where my problem was.i heard the hiss at the switch replaced it 3times and the hose line leading to the junction behind it and it didnt work.I pulled on the red line and it came out i then cut both ends to be smooth (the other end is up above the brakes and behind the radio to get to it you might have to be upside down like i was) but i then took a windshield washer line and 2 vacuum connectors put it all together and duct tape the connections (behind the radio so you can get to it.
Sorry if its difficult to read but nowhere and nobody else seemed to have this due to the fact my ranger was parked in a field broken down for 5+ years

No, I understand what you're saying. I'm not exactly a wiz when it comes to cars, so it would be nice if it was something like that. I'll reply to this thread when I finally get to checking it all out, if I have any luck figuring out how to get at these things. Thanks a lot, and I appreciate the help, guys.

Stuck in Defrost

My AC is stuck in defrost.Does the 2005 have a vacuum reservoir and, if so, where is it located? Thanks.

Vacuum resevior location in 2002 Explorer 2wd

The location on my neighbors 2002 Explorer 2WD is under the dash next to the blower. Its capsule shaped, about 3" diameter. The black vacuum hose connects to the end of it. If someone kicks this line off, the vents do not work.

This is a 60 second repair to plug the rubber T-connection back into the end of the cannister.

Heres my problem ac works out of all vents except the front drivers side vent,what can this be ,i think I check all hoses and dident seem to see what was causing this

Thank you!

A very big thank you to Turdle and everyone else who contributed to this thread. My wife's Explorer had this issue - garage quoted $600-800 to diagnose and fix. I spent a few minutes reading this thread, a few more minutes under the hood, and discovered the line from the globe to the firewall connector was melted in two. $9.00 for line and connectors and 10 minutes to fix.

My wife is very happy, which means I am very happy!:)

My wife is very happy, which means I am very happy!:)

My wife is happy that your wife is happy, it's a happy happy day!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you learned a little while poking around in there so don't be afraid to find a thread and join in!

Hi I need help. I have a 2000 explorer limited wit a auto climate control system. The back Ac works most the time yet no air from the front vents. Now its over 100 degrease here, it will work one day fine then HOT air the next then only cold in the back only. Is it the digital auto climate controller (head) or the ac motor or a bent rod ? Thanks for any help.

Don't know if it's the same part #, but I ordered it anyways: Found a vacuum ball off a 96-98 Explorer V8 (I have the 4.0) with vacuum lines still attached to globe. For $20 to my door, I jumped all over it.

My dad's 2003 ranger has 2 issues. 1. He only can get air to blow from the defroster vents, which I am assuming is a vaccum leak. 2. The A/C will not engage when the swith is turned to the a/c position. Could this be a vaccum leak too?

Only hot aire blowing from mine. Got cold air to blow the other day. Now I hear a clicking noise.

Changed blower motor now only air from defrost vents.

I have a 2000 Exp. 2wd. V6 4.0L. Was not getting any air from blower motor. I changed the blower motor...blower motor now works great. I put it all back together no I am only getting air from the defrost vents and no other vents. Any ideas why just changing out the blower motor would cause this or what the cure might be?

Thanks.

I have a 2000 Exp. 2wd. V6 4.0L. Was not getting any air from blower motor. I changed the blower motor...blower motor now works great. I put it all back together no I am only getting air from the defrost vents and no other vents. Any ideas why just changing out the blower motor would cause this or what the cure might be?

Thanks.

you most likely disconnected or broke a vacuum line when you changed out the blower motor. Check all of them in the vicinity of where you worked.

okay, i had posted on another thread but will update here.

clicking noise was the blend air actuator. Replaced with motorcraft, I had the screws, replace only the two, works great now. got a mirror and confirmthe axle on the blend door was in tact and all is good.

yep check your vacuum hoses.

You'll notice a grey plastic line at this point-it goes to the "coolant bypass valve"
Vacuum is applied at most times, unless ac is selected
at this time the vacuum is switched off to the valve,which in turn cuts flow of coolant through the heater core. This helps the HVAC box run a bit cooler for maximun a/c efficiency

This may develop a vacuum leak-check it

BTW , this is not my truck
what is that black line called, because mine basically baked and cracked. I also am having problems with my a/c switching from front vents to defrost when acclerating.
I am a new member and actually was reading this forum, for same reason. I went to take a look at my setup and sure enough I found that black line broken

A/C out of defrost only

My Check Engine light is on and the code reader says "EGR valve excessive flow detected"... would this have anything to do with my problem of my air being stuck on air conditioning and it only coming out of the defrost vents?

Now, going on through the firewall is the "reserve" or " boosted" vaccum.It is the black line.

It arrives through this connector-right above the "fuel pump inertia switch"

The white line is the controlled vacuum return-we'll discuss it later

This was my problem some body kick this lines off and just thanks to this page I save $200 and I fix mi problen in 5 sec thanks

99' Ranger, same issue

OMG thanks guys. I havn't looked yet, but based off what you are saying and the past problems with vacuum, this has got to be it. (shwetty ball is probably retaining water)

We had run into an issue where the front lockouts would not kick in because of lack of vacuum, personally I removed the metal clips from the back of the 4x4 lock outs making it a live axle setup and its worked great.

So, being I know there is a lack of vacuum already, and I only get defrosters, now I know what to look for.

Can't thank you enough for giving me some things to check on without spending an arm and a leg at a dealership! I'll let everyone know if/what I can find over the weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMG thanks guys. I havn't looked yet, but based off what you are saying and the past problems with vacuum, this has got to be it. (shwetty ball is probably retaining water)

We had run into an issue where the front lockouts would not kick in because of lack of vacuum, personally I removed the metal clips from the back of the 4x4 lock outs making it a live axle setup and its worked great.

So, being I know there is a lack of vacuum already, and I only get defrosters, now I know what to look for.

Can't thank you enough for giving me some things to check on without spending an arm and a leg at a dealership! I'll let everyone know if/what I can find over the weekend.

I edited your post. This is not the thread for selling your truck, use the classified forum

Back