Seriously getting ready for an Expedition.. | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seriously getting ready for an Expedition..

...I found this video of the highly sought after and no longer produced, Campmate Chuck Box and Kitchen Organizer that was sold thru Cabella's ..

..Although I believe the plates and the utensils are a lot better to use in the long run than paper plates and plastic utensils..:rolleyes:

..Then I found this on the Cbella's camp kitchen..A different product and much larger..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Its a good thing you have a truck bed to put all that in :p:

I received a box Monday from a fellow on Expo Portal and then one yesterday from Sierra Expeditions and have another coming in from Cabelas today of some goods for "expeditioning" :bounce:

..Ok...:shifty_ey ..spill it..

..I know one package is a black water can..But as for what's coming from Sierra Expeditions and Cabella's, that can only mean camping...umm, oops..can only be of the coolest Expedition bling..:D

I know one package is a black water can..But as for what's coming from Sierra Expeditions and Cabella's, that can only mean camping...umm, oops..can only be of the coolest Expedition bling..:D

Ok, since you asked...

PETT & WAG bags from Sierra - cheapest price I found
Fold-a-Privy Privacy Shelter from Cabelas - http://www.cabelas.com/showers-toilets-accessories-trekker-fold-a-privy-1.shtml

I just got the box from my last posting, set it up and took it down. This thing folds up fast and goes back in the bag fast! Really roomy too! And it doesnt weigh too much. Its no Taj Mahal like Scott's but it will do!

I got the big one to use as a shower, too.

Of course, it doesn't work too well when it gets (almost) blown across the desert...

..Anxiously waiting Dimple Die Brian's fix for the tumbling tumble showers...:popcorn:

:D

Haha! This one is going to run stock right out of the box. It had the most favorable reviews on Expo Portal for ease of use and ability to stand up to wind vs the others. It uses an internal spring steel frame and no fiberglass poles. It has pockets to put sand bags in as well as 4 stakes at the corners and 4 more for support lines further up.

What are you using for the shower itself?

I'll gladly throw a bucket of water on you - just ask. :D

..Sounds cold without a way to heat the water..:(

It is solar powered heat, thats why I got a black jug. I really couldnt justify a Zodi or similar unit for $100+ and having basically a single use/purpose heater for something I may only use a few times a year.

I purchased a new tent in December. My backpacking tent is too small, and sleeping in the truck is a little cramped, too.

This tent is 10 x 10, and 6 1/2 feet tall. Quite large in reality - and it weighs 68 pounds!

Yesterday, I finally took it out of the box and set it up. While reading the directions, it didn't take 10 minutes to set up. It is definitely not a puzzle to set up - very easy. One person can do it - 2 makes it a little easier.

I know it is on the ground (unlike an RTT) but I really don't feel like I am a part of the food chain in this country. :eek:

I am looking forward to using it.

Attachments

• Tent1.JPG
    Tent1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 589
  • Tent2.JPG
    Tent2.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 618

...You are going to have to move to a bigger neighborhood if you set your tent and your shower up at the same time..:p:

..Does that have the same door set up both front and rear?

Yes.

Each side has a door with full size window, and a same size window next to it.

Should have plenty of flow-through ventilation!

Hmmm, what do we have here? :D

Normally I like to stick to metalworking but sometimes you gotta bring out the woodworking tools. To make sure it doesnt find its way into any Rangers I branded it with Explorer :p:

Attachments

• m_DSC02848.jpg
    m_DSC02848.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 615
  • m_DSC02850.jpg
    m_DSC02850.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 571
  • m_DSC02851.jpg
    m_DSC02851.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 491
  • m_DSC02852.jpg
    m_DSC02852.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 495

Sweet, a camping shower floor!

I made one of those that is actually folds up into a box that stores bottles and soaps, etc... Just open it, empty it, and stand on it to keep the crusties off your feeties. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw one of those in a store and I was going to build one like it but then I decided to go the route above since I usually keep my soap/shampoo in my kit and likely wouldnt be taking advantage of the storage space inside it. My mat is 24"x24" and rolls up to 24" x 8"-10" diameter. I didnt have to buy anything which was nice. The wood was from an old 4x4 redwood fence post that was warped and the spacers are 3/4" long pieces of 1/2" plastic electrical conduit from a short scrap I had of the stuff. I also had the nylon rope as well.

Back