Sync Applink? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

My F150 had Sync and worked flawless with Siri. Hold down the phone button on the steering wheel and you would hear the Siri tone over the speakers and I would speak and she would answer over the speakers. I haven't tried it in the Explorer.

Oooh, that's the first time I've seen using Siri without having to touch the phone! That's really cool. Anybody with the full MFT should try to see if this works...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll try it tomorrow.

Oooh, that's the first time I've seen using Siri without having to touch the phone! That's really cool. Anybody with the full MFT should try to see if this works...

You cannot activate Siri from MFT, but once you hold the home button the phone, Siri comes through MFT as a phone call. It uses the MFT mic and speakers. Not perfect but it is still useful since you can activate Siri on your phone without looking. I used it to have Siri look up a store and make the call without taking my eyes off the road. You could also set reminders, send texts, ect, minimizing how much you would need to look at the phone.

Appreciate it!

You cannot activate Siri from MFT, but once you hold the home button the phone, Siri comes through MFT as a phone call. It uses the MFT mic and speakers. Not perfect but it is still useful since you can activate Siri on your phone without looking. I used it to have Siri look up a store and make the call without taking my eyes off the road. You could also set reminders, send texts, ect, minimizing how much you would need to look at the phone.

So the holding of the phone button on the steering wheel doesn't activate Siri... Bummer!

Thanks for trying it out :)

Just took ownership of 2013 Explorer Limited. Was a bit surprised when applink wasn't installed. I can connect my iPhone 4S via bluetooth and listen to music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SubSonic, etc... through the car stereo speakers but I can't control these apps via voicecommands.

What's up with that?

I email the SYNC team and got terrible news :(
I'm not sure where to express my angry about this!:

Thank you for your email in regards to AppLink.

Unfortunately AppLink will not be available on the 2012/2013 Explorer models.

Sincerely,

Nathan
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.
[THREAD ID:1-68XPME]

Is that considered false advertising?

How can you possibly release App Link for an MFT system that STILL doesn't work correctly? Logically you would think that you had to fix MFT first before trying to add another component to it.......you can't put a diaper on a poopy baby without first removing and cleaning the poop!!!!

How can you possibly release App Link for an MFT system that STILL doesn't work correctly? Logically you would think that you had to fix MFT first before trying to add another component to it.......you can't put a diaper on a poopy baby without first removing and cleaning the poop!!!!

Or in this case, it's like putting a diaper on a mound of dinosaur sh!%, it's never really going to work.

I email the SYNC team and got terrible news :(
I'm not sure where to express my angry about this!:

Thank you for your email in regards to AppLink.

Unfortunately AppLink will not be available on the 2012/2013 Explorer models.

Sincerely,

Nathan
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.
[THREAD ID:1-68XPME]

Maybe my memory is off, but was this not promised and even listed in the brochures? I love my system, but have taken to using Siri over MFT sinply because I can do things I was supposed to be able to do with MFT (saying "open Pandora", etc).

Maybe my memory is off, but was this not promised and even listed in the brochures? I love my system, but have taken to using Siri over MFT sinply because I can do things I was supposed to be able to do with MFT (saying "open Pandora", etc).

Rebecca has chimed in and noted that they are still working on it for the Explorer.

That being said . . . it's been over a year.

Rebecca has chimed in and noted that they are still working on it for the Explorer.

That being said . . . it's been over a year.

I have 9 months left on my lease. My decision to get another explorer was stronly influenced by the tech. My decision to get a different car may be influenced by the tech I never got. Sad.

Quite a shame that we can't get 1) the actual upgrade to AppLink already or 2) a firm date of when we will receive an update. This is terrible customer service from Ford all around.

Quite a shame that we can't get 1) the actual upgrade to AppLink already or 2) a firm date of when we will receive an update. This is terrible customer service from Ford all around.

Wanted to ping this. Rebecca, any updates on this?

Wanted to ping this. Rebecca, any updates on this?

No, rajamahal, I don't have any new information about AppLink for MyFord Touch. Once I do get more info, I will post it.

Rebecca

No, rajamahal, I don't have any new information about AppLink for MyFord Touch. Once I do get more info, I will post it.

Rebecca

No new information means "they are working on it"? Can you conrifm or deny the statement "Unfortunately AppLink will not be available on the 2012/2013 Explorer models." quoted above?

Personally, I would ditch the big screen for applink and easier activation of Siri like I saw in a rental Fusion recently.

I just got a 2012 F-150 XLT and im loving being able to use the Mobile Apps, especially pandora. It blows me away that my 2012 XLimited can't dothe same basic functionality that my XLT truck can do.

Is there any update to the development status on this for the MFT?

You’re very welcome! I know it’s important to the SYNC team as well! I’m glad to help!

Cory
AppLink on MyFord Touch is apparently VERY important since its a year and a half later and we still can't get any straight answers as far as when an update its going to show up. Shame on you Ford IVT team.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that why they changed the name from My Ford Touch to My Ford Disappointment?

The best line here on this forum was "You'll be the first to know when the Performance Upgrade comes out, don't worry"

Meanwhile members of this forum were already having it installed in their vehicles.

Now that's a Corporate Communication strategy.

Back