Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012

The menu is complete (copy heading your way Tbars) as is local food shopping.

..Still waiting..:popcorn:

..And I'm hoping gas will be down to $2 before the Colorado run because with the repairs/mods I need to desperately do to the Ranger, I'm going to be a hermit and pauper thru next year too..:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...wish I was going...

Good thing you'll all be posting plenty of trip notes/pics from the road :)

Scott, what kind of mileage are you getting with your setup? How much are you figuring for fuel expense for the trip?

..Ritsui, You know..:shifty_ey

..I'm driving right past your house and your wife will never even know you went with us..Or..:scratch:...We can call you as I am sure we will need some work related assistance..:D

Scott, what kind of mileage are you getting with your setup? How much are you figuring for fuel expense for the trip?

..I can smell them wheels in your head spinning trying to make this work..:D

Hard to say Gerald...

My '06 gets 18 - 21 on the road with the tonneau cover. I assume with the shell it will get about the same - but I am carrying a lot more weight than I usually do.

I'm estimating 4000 miles - over 200 gallons of gas. The math is really ugly... :(

with ur decent gas mileage that's still 800$$ prolly 2x that for me lol pluss lotsa that time will be in 4x4 :/

ouch, was interested but u just scared the piss outa me haha ;)

The memories made on the trip are far more important and will last much longer than the sting of high gas prices.

..I got the menu and your shopping list last night but I have some concerns..

..:scratch:..No where on it does it mention Jalapeno or Jalapano flavored...But don't worry, I'll bring extra of that stuff for us...:p:

..Wonder if I'll have time to make some of my chili?

...There is nothing like being out in the middle of nowhere with a campfire, some good ol' homemade chili, and some male bonding..:D

..Ok it's official...A number of guys have already taken off on their journey to the meet up point..:biggthump

..This thread will be closed in a couple days but only after the official thread gets started..

But...but....but....I still have to change my oil, pack, grocery shop and a few other things!

Just loaded all the trail files into the GPS and checked them. All looks good except my White Rim file, I am going to have to check into that.

..Well...It's Friday the 13th, rain all over the Southwest with tornadoes predicted throughout the midwest for those who are on the road..Be safe..:salute:

and for Brian1..Happy Birthday ..:D

But...but....but....I still have to change my oil, pack, grocery shop and a few other things!

Just loaded all the trail files into the GPS and checked them. All looks good except my White Rim file, I am going to have to check into that.

Happy Birthday!

(from the road...)

..Welp..Someone couldn't wait and is already in Utah..:bounce:

..I should be able to start updating the new thread this eve or tomorrow a.m (see post #249)..;)

Back