HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now where is the damage report?????

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Now where is the damage report?????

thats the funny part. there really isn't any. I have yet to find a problem with it. When i draind the diff's there wasn't any water in them. I changed the fluid to be safe but i could of kept going. Lots of grease in the balls joints and bearings. Some of the parts are still original so there isn't anywhere to grease. I guess time will tell.

late well-wisher here but Congrats on Finally getting it unstuck !

:ca:

:chug:

First off, WOW you are out Thank goodness.....

Couldn't help noticing the damage to the rear bumper. Was that caused by the jack? if so, anyone know how to lift an explorer like that without tearing up the bumper? (Just incase I should get stuck myself someday.)

The bumper is not hurt just misalined just loosen and retighten the bolts down.

Summit or 4WP sells a set of straps that bolt to a highlift and hooks to your wheel. I like the idea becoase I would not need to do any Fab, and lifting from the wheel the springs well not unload so I would not have to jack it so high to get room under the tires...

Anyone???

So if your suck in mud or should I say ice, how do you get the straps around the wheel??

Got a link???

So if your suck in mud or should I say ice, how do you get the straps around the wheel??

Got a link???

Ice haha I live in south Florida, the lowest is got this year was 35? Its 80-82 today...

I think it would be a before it freezes thing.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT73118.aspx

The lift mate I think I would make one and not buy it just copy it...

When I had to you a jack like that I lined it up with the bumper bracket and did one side at a time. bumper didn't bend or mis align at all for future reference.

well the jack didn't bend the dumper...

the Big tractor pulling on it did!!!
lol the jack didn't do a thing

hey! i noticed you still had those tires? well if you do, i just went to firestone the other day (to see what they would say) because i had an old wilderness on my spare- they ended up givin me a brand new pathmaker a/t for free- mounted and balance :) i was a happy camper

Wow!

What a great story, just filled my sunday morning catching up on it.

Glad you made out ok, and what luck with no major repairs to do!

Being new to off-roading myself I'm always grateful for the chance to learn from what someone else has been through.

I'm buying a high-lift and a come-along today, before I go out anywhere.

Thanks for sharing your experience.:salute:

Posted in wrong area

Posted in wrong area

haha that was an awesome story glad everything ended up okay

Sometimes

Sometimes its just best to let the pros do it Call a tow truck or at least someone whoes drivin one :roll: :salute:

Any way you could re-upload all these shiny pics for us folk who just came across this thread Athlonman?

Any way you could re-upload all these shiny pics for us folk who just came across this thread Athlonman?
Next time please check when was the last time people logged on because he has not been on since 09' boss..

Thanks
Jay

Next time please check when was the last time people logged on because he has not been on since 09' boss..

Thanks
Jay

I did check, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Besides, someone else who was there or who checked out this thread might still have the pics and be willing to share. After all, if you don't ask then you'll never know.

Back