Just got my Bullitt rims on. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got my Bullitt rims on.

After doing some research and looking around for what rims I wanted I decided on 17x8 black bullitt rims from Americanmuscle.com with 245/65/r17 Goodyear Fortera ties. And before you judge no I did not put the racing flags on I bought it with them haha. Some pics:

Working on it on the rack:
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool! I like the look; Bullitts are one of my favorites.
:burnout:

nice the rims look good! is this a 2wd or 4wd i want to put bullits on my black 99 4wd but ive heard people say it will work fine and people have told me it wont fit the front hubs? sorry if this has been answered already im new here but i would love to know

Since it's a forum, I'll give my honest opinion... :)

I love the rims, I think I even like the stripe- the 5.0 badge doesn't do it for me though...

nice the rims look good! is this a 2wd or 4wd i want to put bullits on my black 99 4wd but ive heard people say it will work fine and people have told me it wont fit the front hubs? sorry if this has been answered already im new here but i would love to know

I've got the 5.0 AWD so it's got the hubs of a 4WD. And since you have 4wd you're fine. My rims are 17x8 so stay with that. 17x9 WILL rub and need spacers. I tested a 98 mustang rim on mine before I bought the bullitts. The perks of working at a garage when other cars come in I guess:

IMG_1006.jpg

That is straight off of a mustang. It fit fine.

Since it's a forum, I'll give my honest opinion...

I love the rims, I think I even like the stripe- the 5.0 badge doesn't do it for me though...

Haha thanks, I personally like the 5.0 obviously and I still need to paint the "." black so it looks better. It gets mustang owners and red necks to yell at me. My license plate also reads "302 CI" so I'm covered in 5.0 stuff :burnout:. The stripe has grown on me since I purchased it, she also had pin striping on it but I took that off it was too much.

I like them. They look great on there.

That's probably it, but they really won't fit any lower. :(

Sure they can.
50.jpg

Maybe- the new 5.0 badge looked a bit bigger... OP's truck though, just my opinion... :)

Maybe- the new 5.0 badge looked a bit bigger... OP's truck though, just my opinion... :)

They are slightly bigger. Thought about putting them on the door but chose not to.

Toss up some pics of your front bull bar- looks good...

Posting these from my iPad hope they work. It's a dark horse brush guard. Has LED fogs on it now from Jegs.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Nice! That last pic looks really good- it looks great with the headlights... :thumbsup:

Thanks. Been trying to decide if I want to take it off and put grille inserts in to make it more of a street truck but I also like how it looks with the brush guard. I can't decide. :banghead:

That's a great looking Explorer :) nice job!

After doing some research and looking around for what rims I wanted I decided on 17x8 black bullitt rims from Americanmuscle.com with 245/65/r17 Goodyear Fortera ties. And before you judge no I did not put the racing flags on I bought it with them haha. Some pics:

Working on it on the rack:
IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Hey FordGT55...what's your opinion about these mustang wheels working with regular bearing hubs...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey FordGT55...what's your opinion about these mustang wheels working with regular bearing hubs...

I never had any problems. I used those wheels in the summer and the stock wheels in the winter. The only issue you may run into is the tire rubbing the sway bar at full lock. I don't drive my explorer much anymore so I just leave the stock wheels on it now.

Back