Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dweeberman said:
Here is my 03 Sport 4x4, has a 3in BL, TT/Shackles sitting on some 33x10.5x15's (BFG KM2) and some pro comp crawler series wheeles (D-windows).

Time to take her out on some trails soon!

I accidentally started a new thread and did not realize this one was already here. :) my apologies mediators!! lol

Great looking truck! :thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

My explorer with 2" all round suspension lift, 3" body lift in the mail! Can't wait to chuck it on

WP_000624.jpg

Ok new here but I'm buying a 2000 explorer all stock nd looking for a good lift that's a decent price what should I go with?

explorer-aus, very cool grille guard! What is it?

4 inch superlift and three inch body lift. Sitting on 33 12.50 Mud Terrains

Attachments

• 7 inches.jpg
    7 inches.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 4,165

May I have some info on your swing out tire carrier? I have always wanted to fab one up using the stock bumper like the one on your rig. Looks Good

Don't, it's not strong enough. I'll be redoing mine soon.

Don't, it's not strong enough. I'll be redoing mine soon.

Oh ok, well thanks for the heads up. Are you going to fab up a complete new bumper with a tire carrier? or just beef up the stock bumper?

227497_1025768454923_8340_n.jpg

222772_1025768654928_7695_n.jpg

39129_1519202270460_8290357_n.jpg

@Alexdeluca, my friend painted them for me. What you first have to do and is key is to spray the wheel with aircraft stripper to remove the clearcoat. Once it has set off, rinse it thoroughly it off with water, the wheels will shine like crazy and will make you doubt spraying them black. Set them in the sun and let them dry for a half hour or so (here in California it's hot as hell during the summer so mine dried quick)...just be sure that they are dry before spraying (obviously). After that, you know what to do.

My 96'er says hello

here's my old beater I got a few years back.

just a baby war shackle and TT lift with 32x11.50's

daily driver. daily head turner.

356b62a7.jpg

cd99a492.jpg

ac29ee6b.jpg

1cad241d.jpg

5e8052e5.jpg

69615602.jpg

When you TT the front, did your shocks stretch out and do you have that bouncy ride? if not, what kind of shocks did you use. I have Rancho Rs5000 on mine, TT about an inch n a half, any more and it just bounces along. Also, where did you get the shackles? Looks sick...exactly the height I want for mine.

Stretch out? Bouncy??
Nah... Everything on mine rides just like stock.. I put the shackles on ( they are the War 153?? shackles... find order info on earlier threads) ...pretty common here... I just got the gold color
....Then I took truck to an alignment shop and they twisted the torsion bars on a laser machine type thing so it was all level...

OK, I'll have to follow your method. I found the shackles, am going to order them next paycheck. Thanks.

what size rim and tire do you have?

Back