Explorer Sport 0-60 results | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

I filled up on some 94 octane today. When it gets down to a 1/4 tank or so I will give it another run. My previous times from 87 to 94 octane made a .5 second differance using my iphone. The Gtech is much better as all you have to do is push the switch to ready it when you are at a complete stop. Then when your set just go....the gps tracks the speed and knows how fast you are going. No room for errors on starting and stopping at a given speed like a stop watch of any kind.
Also I didn't mention that the Sport only has 800 miles on it so the engine is still pretty fresh and not broken in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would still be curious at what the Sport vs. the SRT8 does on a dyno snce Chrysler products typically suffer from more than average drivetrain loss
I dont see why the low 5's to shoukd be difficult to attain. i think I could get to 4's and still spend less tha an SRT8 possibly

Agreed times 2

Your a jersey guy? I used run there Atco, Island, Reading and some other places not so legal....

Born in Jersey, Lived in NC while in the service now back in PA. I know exactly those places. lol

I filled up on some 94 octane today. When it gets down to a 1/4 tank or so I will give it another run. My previous times from 87 to 94 octane made a .5 second differance using my iphone. The Gtech is much better as all you have to do is push the switch to ready it when you are at a complete stop. Then when your set just go....the gps tracks the speed and knows how fast you are going. No room for errors on starting and stopping at a given speed like a stop watch of any kind.
Also I didn't mention that the Sport only has 800 miles on it so the engine is still pretty fresh and not broken in.

Still sounds good.. Thanks for the updates and runs... I can't wait to start on mine. Exhaust will be the first to go.. I saw yesterday how the F-150 3.5 eco got 38 Hp gained and 50 ft lbs from just a cat back. Gears had a 3 stage upgrade done.. Nice improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkqDDxsiCLE&feature=fvwrel

Born in Jersey, Lived in NC while in the service now back in PA. I know exactly those places. lol
I am from NYC,most of my life in NJ, now in NC

I know about that case, but I have heard that Ford has some sort of "blackbox" that records any and all changes. So I hear you about changing stuff back before service but if they have a way to tell, say I blew my engine with a tuner plugged in.????
all companies can track what the engine was going before it blew but they would have to prove the what and the how of cause. then directly prove your mod caused the failure

all companies can track what the engine was going before it blew but they would have to prove the what and the how of cause. then directly prove your mod caused the failure

I'm talking about im-prints from programmers. "The magg-mos act will not stand up on a tuned motor warranty void. Ford specifically stated that would void the warranty in the owners manual."

So, putting a tuner on right away is pressing your luck, they will know it was there and then once they void the warranty I would have to fight fight fight to prove it didn't cause the damage, but it most likely will have caused it. Just not worth it to me, until warranty expires.

I'm talking about im-prints from programmers. "The magg-mos act will not stand up on a tuned motor warranty void. Ford specifically stated that would void the warranty in the owners manual."

So, putting a tuner on right away is pressing your luck, they will know it was there and then once they void the warranty I would have to fight fight fight to prove it didn't cause the damage, but it most likely will have caused it. Just not worth it to me, until warranty expires.
I believe they have the burden of proof before they can do that

any updates on 0-60 times?

any updates on 0-60 times?

Good question and good timing. I just got back in from doing some runs.

1/4 tank of 94 octane, no passengers.
35 degrees and the roads were dry.

Previous runs on 91 octane with the Gtech timing device were around 5.7 seconds and a best of 5.59 which I dismissed as it was the low run and not repeated.

Tonight was better again....
Started out with a 5.67 which was good and then a couple of 6.0 that had me wondering what was going on. I drove around for a while and came back to my usual spot to try again. Thats when I found a good launch rpm at 2000 rpm and things started getting interesting.
I has a few runs in the 5.35 to 5.45 range and a low run of 5.2 seconds. My personal conclusion is 5.4 seconds would be a good number to stick to.

awsome numbers..after seeing them I am more anxious for mine to arrive

Getting pretty close to those Jeep SRT8 and you can sit 3 more people :)

Good question and good timing. I just got back in from doing some runs.

1/4 tank of 94 octane, no passengers.
35 degrees and the roads were dry.

Previous runs on 91 octane with the Gtech timing device were around 5.7 seconds and a best of 5.59 which I dismissed as it was the low run and not repeated.

Tonight was better again....
Started out with a 5.67 which was good and then a couple of 6.0 that had me wondering what was going on. I drove around for a while and came back to my usual spot to try again. Thats when I found a good launch rpm at 2000 rpm and things started getting interesting.
I has a few runs in the 5.35 to 5.45 range and a low run of 5.2 seconds. My personal conclusion is 5.4 seconds would be a good number to stick to.

what was the temp on your 91 run? just curious, temperatures affect turbo motors more drastically than naturally aspirated. half a second from 2 octane is not normal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what was the temp on your 91 run? just curious, temperatures affect turbo motors more drastically than naturally aspirated. half a second from 2 octane is not normal

91 octane, 40 degrees - 5.7 sec average
94 octane, 35 degrees - 5.4 sec average

Back