How to: - 1.5" body lift for less than $50 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I was wondering if someone could order everything required, and sell it as a complete kit to me :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering if someone could order everything required, and sell it as a complete kit to me :)

Are the links still working?? Its very easy to order online!

Well the problem is I live on Guam, US (military base), and they do not seem to ship here :(. I would be willing to pay extra

Anyone have a picture of this lift on a Ex with no suspension lift, and stock size tires?

Hey man, here's my X with stock tires 235's and 1.5 BL...

IMAG0444.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

I got mine done this week, only problem I had was my lower radiator hose busted the old clamp, but I put a new one on, no more problems.

Great thread! can't wait to get the lift worked out and a set of 265/75/16's before the snow falls. About to order the 5 sets of bolts and the spacers. I read through the entire thread, but any pre-shop advice would be appreciated.

thanks all.

This is going to be my next mod! I have a set of 2.25" BTF spacers that I would like to see if anyone would like to trade for a 1.5" Body Lift with all new bolts. So that is basically a set of 2.25" spacers for the price of a Body Lift. Spacers are easier to install too. Spacers have never been installed and are brand new. I had them powdercoated silver. Please anyone interested let me know.

Nice

Very nice looking truck with the mild lift. How long did the lift take to complete? Where did you buy the front bush bar?

Very nice looking truck with the mild lift. How long did the lift take to complete? Where did you buy the front bush bar?

Thanks, too bad it's long gone and probably been through the car crusher by now.

Depends on how much help you have, how mechanically inclined you are,how rusted your body mount bolts are, and whether you have all the right tools.

With a friend or two you could knock it out in a day as long as you have what you need and have some idea of what you're doing.

The brushguard was from Truck Gear Direct on Ebay.

Could A 1" Body Lift Be Done if I Were To Do The Same Thing But With A 2" Block Instead of A 3" Block.?

Could A 1" Body Lift Be Done if I Were To Do The Same Thing But With A 2" Block Instead of A 3" Block.?

Yeah, you could cut a 2" block in half and do a 1" lift instead.

curious, Amazon has 2" tall, 3" dia blocks in bulk? anyone know if there any additional issues with the 2" vs the 1.5? I don't have a band saw and i dont feel like hand cutting them if i dont have to.
I was planning on doing a electric fan conversion anyways

i am starting installing this lift thursday! I started on it last week but one of the front bolts broke off so i went ahead and ordered all new bolts. Do u have to hold the metal threaded pucks on every single one of the body mounts? i looked under there and it is a ***** to get my pipe wrench in that small crack.

btw. i cut my 3 inch blocks in half with a grinder with a cutting wheel..worked fine!

so i installed the body lift today..the hardest part is the front mounts..pita!..i used vice grips to hold the metal pucks..worked fine. I also didnt removed the rear bumper and it saved a good bit of time (installing/reinstalling). I didnt have to trim the bumper or anything..it just rests right above the bottom... im going to remove the bottom "lip" off of the front to make it look like more lift.. im happy with the lift and i can definitely tell a difference. i will post pics of the lift installed and my new rims and 265/70/17 (32.25") mud tires when they come in next week

i got the 1.5 body lift put on ! i also painted my grille and headlights black. My mb tko wheels with 265/70/17 mud tires are comin next week. Im gettin a woody just thinkin about it! lol but it looks pretty damn sweet witht he grille and headlights blacked out.
20130206_153613_resized.jpg

p.s. I also bought some 1 inch coild spring rubbers and installed them in the front..worked very much like a leveling kit...in all ive probably put in about $200 into my car and it looks damn good to me

Bgreen92, I like the way it sits. What size tires are on there now?
just wondering because I'd like to put the 1.5" or 3' BL on mine and I'm running 265/70/16 right now but will go back to the 75's when I need to get new tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tarpman, the tires and rims on it right now are stock 245/65/17s i believe that is about a 28.5" ..lol its tiny..and btw in that pic the front looks signifigantly higher but my driveway isnt exactly level lol. on level ground it is just perfectly level. i bet after i get an alignment , that spring rubber will probably provide a lil more lift but i guess we will see

Back