How to: - 1.5" body lift for less than $50 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I think it looks good with that size tire, but I think I'd put the bigger ones on also. I put a small metal spacer on top of front struts to try and level it. Almost worked, but I have enough stud left on top of the strut for another 1/2" spacer so I'll have 1" in there total and I think that'll be good, just want it level like yours. I'll put 1.5" BL on there soon. I don't want to mess with steering ext. and bumpers with the 3". I have to do it in 1 day though because its my daily driver. Maybe day and a half. Lol. I've put a couple of BL on other trucks I've had, did them in a day by myself. Those metal disks have me worried. But everything else I've done on this thing hasn't given any problems as far as breaking loose nuts and bolts. Trying to stay optimistic. Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah thats why i went with the 1.5 bl. didnt have to remove the back bumper cover at all. and it only took me around 6 hours in all to do it.the front mounts are the worst. make sure u have a can of wd40 or pb blaster and soak the bolts with it before u try to loosen it. one of my front bolts snapped cuz of the rust on it. took forever to get the rest of the bolt out. mine were so rusted i just went ahead and bought all brand new bolts. (probably your best bet also). But my rims came in 2 days ago and my tires come in on tues. so ill post a pic of it with the rims and tires on it then.

got my rims and tires on today ! ####in swwweeeeetttt!
308066_10151236083236666_1386892967_n.jpg

give me a minute while i scoop my jaw off the floor.....

Whats the offset on those bad boys?

I'm definitely sold on 1.5" body lift. Looks good. Just realized you got the MB wheels I was about to buy then changed my mind and got the MB Chaos 5's instead. Those wheels, look great on there, nice choice.

the offset is -6 and they are 8.5 wide.. i think they look perfect! ..money was an issue so i bought 265/70/17 treadwright guard dogs. i got them shipped to my door for $580 ..the rims were about the same! in all i spent about $1160 on rims and tires

Looks great :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of doing a 1" or 1.5" body lift on my 4th gen.

u definitely should ! even though its only 1.5 i can tell a big difference since i now have the bigger tires. there is a write up on the bodylift that i used and it helped a good bit.

Looks great :thumbsup: I'm thinking of doing a 1" or 1.5" body lift on my 4th gen.

u definitely should ! even though its only 1.5 i can tell a big difference since i now have the bigger tires. there is a write up on the bodylift that i used and it helped a good bit.

Yeah Ronin8002, there's a really good write up some guy did on how to do the 1.5" BL on here somewhere....:scratch:

:biggthump

the offset is 18 and they are 8.5 wide.. i think they look perfect! ..money was an issue so i bought 265/70/17 treadwright guard dogs. i got them shipped to my door for $580 ..the rims were about the same! in all i spent about $1160 on rims and tires

any idea exactly how much you paid per rim? i paid $105 a rim for 17x8.5 MB chaos 5 rims and if the TKOs are close i might consider them

any idea exactly how much you paid per rim? i paid $105 a rim for 17x8.5 MB chaos 5 rims and if the TKOs are close i might consider them

i think i paid 120 a rim..plus shipping and the wheel installation kit and valve stems...in all it was like 580 from discount tire direct

Lolol....where might that thread be? I can't find it anywhere?!?!

:D:D:D

hahahahahahhaahah !!! i just realized how much of a DA i look like now..i was thinkin i was posting in the 3rd gen pics thread not the bl thread lmao!!! :D hahah sorry bout that

correction***** the offset on mine are -6 and they are 8.5 wide...i said 18 at first when i was looking at the specs of some other wheels

IMAG0179_zps64726e18.jpg

IMAG0177_zpsd29d6831.jpg

I got my 1.5" body lift done, and here are some pictures. I didnt have to trim any off the back bumper and the front bumper cover wouldnt go back on. So I had to trim some off the front bumper.

I like it. Looks really good. Ive got to get off my ass and do the same.lol

I like it. Looks really good. Ive got to get off my ass and do the same.lol

1.5" Doesn't seem like anything but once you get it on it makes a big difference. I cant wait to see yours done:thumbsup:

Interference with tow hooks?

I have read this thread and several others, and the 1.5" body lift does not appear to cause issues with the F150 tow hooks, do I have that right?

Here is the clearance of mine with a 3"BL, so you should be fine. May need to trim the lower valance a little bit. I just removed mine.
748-931B26A12501-6613-000008C44189CCDD_zps6435a73e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is the clearance of mine with a 3"BL, so you should be fine. May need to trim the lower valance a little bit. I just removed mine.
748-931B26A12501-6613-000008C44189CCDD_zps6435a73e.jpg

Perfect, that is what I needed to know. If I can swing the spacers and arms on the budget, that's the best choice, otherwise, I'll order the blocks and some bolts, and get this thing done!

Back