• Register Today It's free!

Grill overlay

flobes

Reaction score
City, State
Fort St John, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT V6 4WD
Han anyone got the abs chrome grill overlay sold on ebay? it looks interesting, would love to see pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just emailed a guy that got one on ebay a week or so ago. If he responds, I'll post it here for all to see.:salute:

I haven't forgotten about this.

the first guy didn't respond to my email, and so I emailed a second buyer from the ebay site.

As of now, I'm still being ignored.

I may try the vendor to see if he has any more pics. :(

I emailed one seller regarding this about a month ago asking if they had any other pics. Their response was just uploading a picture from Ford's stock photos. It didn't even have their grille overlay on it :rolleyes:

I was able to contact the ebay seller of the grill overlay today.

Here are 2 photos he sent me.

Looks pretty good, but I guess it would depend on the color of your car. I have the gold mist (tan) and chrome wouldn't be that hot on it. But a black, white, gray should look awesome.

Anyway you can search him out on ebay if you want. I just promised to post a couple of pictures if I got them. :salute:

http://s1065.beta.photobucket.com/u...rt=3&o=0&_suid=135025770743703568444526462648

http://s1065.beta.photobucket.com/u...rt=3&o=1&_suid=135025767559301830487897751853

I am skeptic of a lot of eBay chrome but looked at this guys feedback and saw positive from those that had purchased this for their explorer, so, I took the plunge and I'm quite pleased.

It is a snap-on chrome overlay for your Ex that I would think was made by Ford. Fits perfect, looks factory, and it took more time to unbox then to install.

I'm posting a link to my Google + picture, hopefully it works, and when I can figure out how to attach a picture I'll do that as well.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/5755946034073458193/5818217427337043762

Attachments

• 20121204_154759.jpg
    20121204_154759.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,937

Looks great! Could you perhaps give us the seller's name you used so people know that they'll get the same product?

If my truck came with a chrome grille like most of the Ford cars have at this time, I would not have bought vehicle. I hate plastic chrome overkill.

Jetz, I agree with you in hating some of the plastic chrome overlays. I have a Honda Goldwing 1800 so I'm really familiar with this. I think in some cases however, it can accent the vehicle/bike but some people go way overboard.

As the EX is already plastic, this particular accessory does not, on any level, look like it is an add-on. It really does not, unlike quite a few items on a Goldwing. It fits so clean up front that unless you told me it was an add-on, I would swear it came with the vehicle just like the Ford Edge has it's chrome grille.

FYI: This totally plastic grille overlay trim is made by Coast to Coast International. This item is actually made in China and has a extremely paper thin layer of chrome plating that has been glued to the plastic. We have had customers to complain about the chrome plating starting to have large bubbles to appear in it; and we have stopped selling their grille overlays in order to save our good reputation. We wish the best of luck to you MikeCallery and hope that this does not occur. Most of our customers want a high quality grille insert either made from billet aluminum or stainless steel mesh; and not made from plastic; especially if it is to be installed on $40K vehicle.

Thank you Ron for your best of luck wishes. If it starts to turn or bubble I will more then gladly share my insight and opinion here as you of all people know that I do!

Mike; they use the same exact manufacturing process on their line of chrome hubcaps. Several years ago I purchased a set for an older vehicle that I owned; and within 2-3 months huge bubbles started to appear; so I got them exchanged under warranty and the second set done the same exact thing. So I just totally gave up.

Well, I certainly cannot speak for experience and hope that in six months I am not reporting a negative critique of the grille. I will note that their B.B.B. rating is A+ and there is certainly not a long list of complaints, in fact, only 1 registered since 2006. A Bing search on reviews does not appear to pull up any comments on any forum to the negative. All that, however, will not keep the chrome on the grille so if at some point the grille begins to turn, fade, chip, I will definitely bring it to the attention of the other users on the board and will share my experience, pro or con. Thank you.

Morning @everybody,

thinking of buyng a new Explorer within the next six month, could be an XLT 4x4. What I do dislike on the new Explorer is the lack of a chrome grille. What do you think? Is there a after market alternative?

Personally I'm glad they didn't put the chrome grille on it. I don't like the Edge type grilles. The one I like is the Sport grille. Not to garish. I think the grilles the Explorers have on them are nicely refined. Too much chrome is over the top IMHO.

Personally I'm glad they didn't put the chrome grille on it. I don't like the Edge type grilles. The one I like is the Sport grille. Not to garish. I think the grilles the Explorers have on them are nicely refined. Too much chrome is over the top IMHO.
agreed look at the Lincoln's....

Yes. They look like a big silver toothed mouth screaming down the highway

Lincoln-MKT_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_41.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally, I think these are horrendous

2012-ford-edge-20-liter-ecoboost-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-416491-s-429x262.jpg

These just look cleaner and less gaudy

Grilllettering_zpsdc23afea.jpg

MORE REFINED and POLISHED

13ExplorerSport.jpg

Back