Grill overlay | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill overlay

Morning @everybody,

thinking of buyng a new Explorer within the next six month, could be an XLT 4x4. What I do dislike on the new Explorer is the lack of a chrome grille. What do you think? Is there a after market alternative?

joachimf: Yes there are chrome grille overlays available for the 2011-Up Ford Explorer. Contrary to what some other members on the forum may have you believe; the average person who owns the Ford Explorer still does not want to have the totally all black out look; but have at least some chrome on their vehicle. Sorry guys but chrome is still in vogue; and it will always be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post up a link please. I'd love to see some of them!

Post up a link please. I'd love to see some of them!

Here are some photos of this chrome grille overlay that we carry:

11ExplorerGrille2.jpg

11ExplorerGrille1.jpg

The special discounted price for all forum members is $155.00 plus shipping. Also beware of all of the many dirt cheap knockoffs of this item that you will find on eBay; many of which copy and use the same photo even though it is not the same quality. We only carry the highest quality products; and none of the many cheap stuff that you will find elsewhere.

Thanks. That doesn't look all that bad to be honest. Same. I'm just not a fan of the grills you see on the edge and the fusion. This 1 however looks nice

The special discounted price for all forum members is $155.00 plus shipping. Also beware of all of the many dirt cheap knockoffs of this item that you will find on eBay; many of which copy and use the same photo even though it is not the same quality. We only carry the highest quality products; and none of the many cheap stuff that you will find elsewhere.

What category is this this chrome grille overlay found in? I can't find it on the website. Thanks.

The car already has too much chrome on it! If it had a shiny grill, I would not have bought it.

True. It's not something I would buy. To each their own I guess. Could be worse.

11ExplorerGrille2.jpg

11ExplorerGrille1.jpg

Just curious as to how it is put on. It looks like just a snap on cover. Is that right?

Peter

2014 Black Grill Overlay

Where can I get a black overlay? I see the Chrome ones but we purchased a Platinum White XLT and my wife really wants the black grill on it.

Thanks

Just put a chrome grille over lay on my 2016 XLT. Looks really good. $115 amazon with free shipping. Also have ordered chrome fog light surrounds. $45 amazon with free shipping.

Just put a chrome grille over lay on my 2016 XLT. Looks really good. $115 amazon with free shipping. Also have ordered chrome fog light surrounds. $45 amazon with free shipping.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
A picture sure would be nice!

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
A picture sure would be nice!

Peter
I'm not sure how to post photos. Could use some help. I would also like to put photo of my explorer on my signature. It shows good photos on amazon. The grille only took 2 days to get to me.

I'm not sure how to post photos. Could use some help. I would also like to put photo of my explorer on my signature. It shows good photos on amazon. The grille only took 2 days to get to me.
You have to have an Elite membership ($20) to post a picture in your signature/profile. That membership in addition to helping to support the site, will also allow posting pictures right from your computer/device. Before the site software update in March you could use a 3rd party picture site like photobucket to link your pictures Not sure if that still applies. Note that only pictures posted on our servers will remain and not disappear like 3rd party pics tend to do.

Peter

Back