*new* 2014 order guide new colours | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*new* 2014 order guide new colours

My monies on tuxedo.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks buddy... :D

Now in an attempt to save this thread from spinning down into the abyss of threads of trolls past... lets get back on topic.

I would have liked to get factory HIDs on my Explorer... that'd be nice :)

My monies on tuxedo.....

I second this, and I'm glad to see that you mentioned the fact about the terrain management system being able to change the bias. Obviously not everyone has done their homework on the new explorers yet.

Absolutely. HID's which I am installing tomorrow and a heated steering wheel in the Sport would have been great. Heated seats and no heated steering wheel? Come on! Really. Warm ass and cold hands. Us Canucks really need that heated steering wheel. Sucks having to wear gloves just because your steering wheel is a chunk of ice.

Absolutely. HID's which I am installing tomorrow and a heated steering wheel in the Sport would have been great. Heated seats and no heated steering wheel? Come on! Really. Warm ass and cold hands. Us Canucks really need that heated steering wheel. Sucks having to wear gloves just because your steering wheel is a chunk of ice.

Lol. This post made me laugh! I grew up in WI where luxury items available on cars now were only a concept then... getting into my 69 Firebird with vinyl seats, freezin my ass off while holding the 400 big block @ 2500rpm, trying to get the windshield clear enough to drive to work. Haha

Now we complain about not having enough heat coils running through every soft touch material in a car...and for good reason. You spend $47k on a vehicle and want that SOB to do everything short of prepaing your family a 4 course meal. Hehe.

Ahhh yes the good life. :-D

Damn right. My seat should also have finger nails to scratch my ass when it's itchy.

When I review the 2014 Build Sheet and the color options under the Sport package, I still see the same four colors as offered in 2013 for the Sport.

I do not see two new colors for Sports.

Am I missing something?

When I review the 2014 Build Sheet and the color options under the Sport package, I still see the same four colors as offered in 2013 for the Sport.

I do not see two new colors for Sports.

Am I missing something?

Correct, the two new colors are not for the Sport. Dark Side and Sunset are only for the XLT and Limited.

And I thought my Green Gem Limited was rare now...

You guys complaining that my comments are "off topic" are funny. Isn't the point to discuss the order sheet and all of the information there, not just colors? Do you not agree that Ford seems to be trying to compete with the revised 2014 Durango and 2014 Grand Cherokee?

Riding like a truck no?
Not at all. It now has over 150,000 miles on it. Tires make a large difference. The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza (what a strange name..) tires I had installed in July of 2012 and the still good original struts work quite well. Even better, with the V8 and Eddie Bauer package leather interior it was just $29,422.53 out the door with sales tax and license (plus I installed a $2,500 sound & navigation system). It has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (I'm 55, so have had a good many vehicles). I may well just keep it several more years, as that is by far the least expensive choice, and since we keep cars, not junk, in our garage, and regularily wash & wax, it still looks nice.

I wonder why Consumer Reports shows that owners of the current model report a very high number of problems, making it one of the worst in their rankings? Is is just that the owners do not like the display screen system, or are other things breaking?

And I thought my Green Gem Limited was rare now...

Ya... I guess they didnt sell well, but I get compliments from all kinds of people once they realize its green and not black. Same with my truck.

Our salesman was probably full of it when he said it was a limited edition color, but I guess he wasn't wrong!

You guys complaining that my comments are "off topic" are funny. Isn't the point to discuss the order sheet and all of the information there, not just colors? Do you not agree that Ford seems to be trying to compete with the revised 2014 Durango and 2014 Grand Cherokee?

Not at all. It now has over 150,000 miles on it. Tires make a large difference. The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza (what a strange name..) tires I had installed in July of 2012 and the still good original struts work quite well. Even better, with the V8 and Eddie Bauer package leather interior it was just $29,422.53 out the door with sales tax and license (plus I installed a $2,500 sound & navigation system). It has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (I'm 55, so have had a good many vehicles). I may well just keep it several more years, as that is by far the least expensive choice, and since we keep cars, not junk, in our garage, and regularily wash & wax, it still looks nice.

I wonder why Consumer Reports shows that owners of the current model report a very high number of problems, making it one of the worst in their rankings? Is is just that the owners do not like the display screen system, or are other things breaking?

150k is a good amount of miles to get out of a vehicle for $30k -- My 2004 Passat (loaded) was $28k new and I have 87k on that one, still runs strong.

So far I am enjoying the Sport. I like the ride, handling, power, technology, etc... I, too, have had a few cars (probably not as many as you have) but I am only 29 years old... so I have a few years to go to catch up.

So my sport loaded was $46,235 MSRP... and after dealer discount and Ford rebate, it was $41,960. So about $12k more than your EX EB was stock, minus the $2500 extras you put into your EB -- so $9500 more by comparison, and using inflation calculator, $31,422 in 2006 = $36,913 in 2013 dollars -- so essentially I paid $5k more for my Explorer 4x4 ecoboost with a Terrain Mgt System that rivals (or duplicates) that of an $86k Range Rover.

Now everything I just put in that previous paragraph is irrelevant for the most part... because the cost/value factor. My personal perception of value of what I am getting for my money outweighs the actual monetary cost. But in comparison to what a 2006 EB cost vs a 2013 Sport, as you can see, is kind of minimal. Will I keep this vehicle for more than 80k miles? Most likely not. She'll be traded in before she's 4-5 years old. But I'm going to enjoy it while I have it, then go for an Audi Q7 or somethin like that, if Audi makes an SQ7 or something, with the 520HP twin turbo V8 in it (the Audi S8, 4600lb car, goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. One of the fastest sedans in the world). So we'll see what the coming 1/2 decade brings.

;)

I am only 29 years old... Audi Q7 or somethin like that
If you are using loans or leases, you will never regret becoming debt free and buying with cash. Yes, I could pay cash for things such as a Q7, but I can also buy houses for the same amount which throw off $7,000 per year pre-tax income with thee same amount. Easy decision.

Thanks for posting the document!

I see that the 365/350 engine is indeed now on the Sport. They are obviously trying to compete with the Chrysler offerings (Durango, Grand Cherokee), but lack the 8-speed transmission and superior rear wheel drive design which those vehicles offer. Of course, for those of us who drive far more than the average miles epr year, or who tow, the 2014 Grand Cherokee also offers a proven diesel engine.

I also see mention of the Sport with the 401 group as being a "Sport Plus," and they expect just 2% of Explorers to be Sports with the 401 package.

It was an option previously. In my case, I would not want the console, as I need to carry items which will not fit corsswise in back, and do not want to fold down the second row. I'm happy it is an option, as that means I would not have to unbolt it, and possible have holes in the carpet.

The new generation Jeep/Durango is garbage. I came from a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Hemi. My Explorer sport has been through the same off-road trails and snow that the Jeep went through with no issue. Gas mileage is a ton better in the explorer and is faster than the hemi by a lot. Also, the transmission programming in the Dodge was absolutely horrible, and I had a 5-spd. You couldn't pay me to drive a dodge tranny with an 8-spd.

As far as the 401 package, I could not find a sport in a 200 mile radius around Pittsburgh that did not have the 401, adaptive cruise, and moonroof added on. I think the 2% is without the options.

And the diesel is going to be slower than the 2.0 ecoboost explorer, I really don't see that selling real well since it is going to be very expensive.

If you are using loans or leases, you will never regret becoming debt free and buying with cash. Yes, I could pay cash for things such as a Q7, but I can also buy houses for the same amount which throw off $7,000 per year pre-tax income with thee same amount. Easy decision.
I'm on my 5th leased vehicle since my first lease, a '99 Windstar. The lease is my only major expense and if I don't buy my Explorer at lease end in March 2015, I'll more than likely lease again. FYI, I could have bought it with cash but I prefer to drag the payments and particularly the taxes out over time. Also, this way I'm not paying taxes on the full vehicle value. It just happens to work for me but I also know that there are others who will never lease. Whatever works.:)

Peter

I have been leasing since 1999 I had a windstar sel, the reason I lease it's because 99% of us don't like the repair headache you lease for 3 yrs and return it if the car gave trouble it will be some one else's not mine also leasing will put you in a car that you my never be able to afford financing it, also I like electronics new gagets and get board with cars pretty quick, so for those few reasons I like to lease but the biggest one is repairs when you buy a car and after the warranty is over that's is when repairs start and they can get very costly and if you have a deep pocket well no worries, not me I'm not repairing....!

I was just at my dealer a on 4/03/13 and asked about the 2014 he said they haven't heard anything about them yet. They didn't have a car on the lot that I wanted so he offered to order me a 2013 from the plant. Does any one has some set dates for the 2014?

I was just at my dealer a on 4/03/13 and asked about the 2014 he said they haven't heard anything about them yet. They didn't have a car on the lot that I wanted so he offered to order me a 2013 from the plant. Does any one has some set dates for the 2014?
The following info was taken from the thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381940&highlight=2014

3/25 2014 orders accepted
4/12 Final 2013 orders due
5/02 2014 scheduling begins
6/03 2014 production begins

There are a few more threads on the 2014 that popped up in my 'search' but the above should answer your question.

Peter

So does that mean the 2014's we begin to hit the lot around July?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does that mean the 2014's we begin to hit the lot around July?
I would think likely around the end of July or early August.

Peter

Back