2002 Ford Explorer XLT with a flashing O/D light. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT with a flashing O/D light.

Good work, and thanks for the update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rebelboy, you still got those PDF files for the transmission? I feel I could use them since I seem to have the same problem with a blinking od-light!

Hey Rebelboy can I get those PDF files also having the same problem.

I have just experienced the flashing o/d light and odd shifting. If it is possible could I get the pdf files you have so I can research the problem? I had just replaced the moter new and now the tranny is making unusual jerking as it shifts (hard shifting). I had the ford dealer flush and refill the tranny with new fluid when they replaced the moter for 6k. I should of bought a new truck!!.millage on truck is 120,000. And moter 25k.

:usa:XLT2----I Could use those files as well, please let me know. Thank you very muck. XLT2
Hi Rebelboy, you still got those PDF files for the transmission? I feel I could use them since I seem to have the same problem with a blinking od-light!

Confused on problems

So I have an '02 explorer 4wd v6. For about 2 years my '02 has made a humming/whining noise and I have NO idea where it's coming from. Checked the rear end and fluid is fine and locks up nicely. The noise started when I got new tires put on so that's what I had finely chalked it up to. Today my o/d sensor started to blink but no shifting problems that I could tell I shut off car and when I turned back on and no light. Please help!

Welcome to this forum! The flashing O/D light represents a code which is stored in the computer. You will need a code scanner capable of reading manufacturer specific transmission codes. Find out what the code numbers are, and post them here.

Ok I will get back when I know

Typical response he hooked up hand held reader and said he couldn't get the number and it would need to be hooked up to there machine that runs $50-$150. Idk what to say at this point seems to run fine just the light is blinking

Will that read a transmission code? The one at oreillys didn't read it either.

Well I found the elm 327 for like $15 so I might just do that

If all the gears are there then the TC probably is not locking up.

Torque converter? That is what one of my friends said as well but he said if its working fine right now to keep going until it gives me fits. Any comments?

sympathetic experiencing same symptoms

I have a 02 explorer xlt 4.0 5r55w and about two weeks ago it started to shift hard from 2nd to 3rd then the od light came on, so the next day drove about 15 miles it shifted perfect then the od light started to blink and it would do a small jerk on the downshift from 2nd to 1st , it only starts shifting funny after the trans gets warmed up if this makes any sense please help me get started on what to replace thanks.

I'm having exact same thing on my 2002 Ford Explorer XLS . OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back