• Register Today It's free!

1995 stereo wiring.

krazyando

Reaction score
City, State
vilonia arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 explorer
i recently bought a 1995 ford explorer xlt. when i bought it there was no radio and the harness was cut. i found the power wires and the ground but i cant get sound (i dont know the color codes for the speakers). how do i find out and fix this. I am just going to hardwire the radio in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

img022.jpg

AT DECK
--------------
+12v = lt. green/yellow
ignition = yellow/black
ground = black
amp turn on = dk. blue
illumination = orange/black
dimmer = lt. blue/red
LF Speaker (+) WHITE/RED
LF Speaker (-) BROWN
RF Speaker (+) WHITE/ORANGE
RF Speaker (-) LIGHT GREEN
LR Speaker (+) PINK/WHITE
LR Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE
RR Speaker (+) LIGHT BLUE/BLACK
RR Speaker (-) YELLOW

-------------------------
AMP to SPEAKERS
-------------------------
LF Speaker (+) ORANGE/LT. GREEN
LF Speaker (-) LT. BLUE/WHITE
RF Speaker (+) WHITE/LT. GREEN
RF Speaker (-) DK. GREEN/ORANGE
LR Speaker (+) PINK/LT. GREEN
LR Speaker (-) TAN/YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) ORANGE/RED
RR Speaker (-) BLACK/WHITE

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the audio & navigation section.

Hi i have a 1995 explorer with a radio cassette and wanted to upgrade with a cd player so i was looking online and found a 2001 f150 oem cd player but i see 1 conector in the back that i think its not the same so is there any way i can make it work any one have suggestions ? Plz help

Hi i have a 1995 explorer with a radio cassette and wanted to upgrade with a cd player so i was looking online and found a 2001 f150 oem cd player but i see 1 conector in the back that i think its not the same so is there any way i can make it work any one have suggestions ? Plz help

It'll work if you wire it up. Or just get the radio for a 95 with the CD button, and then hook up the console CD changer to it.

It'll work if you wire it up. Or just get the radio for a 95 with the CD button, and then hook up the console CD changer to it.

So you think i can wire it up ?? If so do you have like a diagram of how to do it ? Thanks anyways

Check the link in post # 7 for a schematic diagram.

So you think i can wire it up ?? If so do you have like a diagram of how to do it ? Thanks anyways

If it fits, it should work.
However, you have to match up the wires from your trucks radio to the new one. Most should be the same color, but many may not be.

Back