6 Disk in dash cd player problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 Disk in dash cd player problem

that has happened to me to. i disconnected the battery then connected the battery back on. and the cd player let me unload my cds

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

of all places fleabay, i forgot who, but some California company (www . rivetech . com - without spaces) they only me $80 for sending only the CD unit it.

edit: last i heard is about 120 now, mine is still working. . . .

6 disk player

mine did the same thing, its easy to pull the radio, and very easy to split it in two - Radio/CD Changer are two pieces. Cost me $90 to fix the CD. I actually took mine apart to fix it myself but it only lasted a week. Since the repair about a year ago its been fine.
i have a post in the audio section on it.
below are pics of the insides, notice the small spring. . .
In the bottom photo, you can see the top tray isn't flat anymore, its actually pulled off the plastic guide next the the two back lines, in the second pic.

6 disk player

Mine jammed up at 80,000 miles. Took it out and got all 6 disk out. Small white plastic piece fell out. Any idea what this was or how to get the part ?

Mine jammed up at 80,000 miles. Took it out and got all 6 disk out. Small white plastic piece fell out. Any idea what this was or how to get the part ?

Best bet - have a look at the photos on page 1 of the thread. If that doesn't work, you may be able to find an exploded view diagram online somewhere but I wouldn't count on it.

My CD changer choked about 3-4 years ago for the second time (first time was on warranty - nmp). I went through the same steps as the previous posters... took the unit out and tried to find a resource for the changer part. Finally gave up and was unwilling to spend $250 the dealer wanted for a refurb to ultimately buy the same problem.

Fortunately, I have the video entertainment center with RCA inputs. A quick patch cable to my phone and I was enjoying a catalog much more expansive than 6 discs, even when loaded with mp3s.

I suggest letting go of the in-car CD idea: Now, there are even better solutions than a patch cable... Bluetooth! You can get a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the RCAs I mentioned very simply. Or with a little more work, you can splice it into the wiring behind your unit. The next level would be to buy the module that plugs into your (currently unused) auxiliary input in the back of the head unit and connect to that.

I won't argue with those that say CD sound quality is better. But, Bluetooth convenience is hard to beat. Plus, you can access other Internet options, such as IHeartRadio and the new ITunes Radio, etc with Bluetooth (or a patch cable).

Just a thought...

:exp:

My XL2F-18C868-CA ( made in Mexico) Mach radio CD player jams about every 8 years. I put in a XL2F-18C868-BB (mad in USA) from a similar junked explorer. It too grinds and would not play after 8 years. So now I have 2 working radios but both of their CD players only make a grinding noise when I put a CD in. I have the CD players out and ready to fix now..

I saw somewhere on these forums where this could be fixed by cleaning a band connector on the CD player. Can anyone let me know where that description is?

My XL2F-18C868-CA ( made in Mexico) Mach radio CD player jams about every 8 years. I put in a XL2F-18C868-BB (mad in USA) from a similar junked explorer. It too grinds and would not play after 8 years. So now I have 2 working radios but both of their CD players only make a grinding noise when I put a CD in. I have the CD players out and ready to fix now..

I saw somewhere on these forums where this could be fixed by cleaning a band connector on the CD player. Can anyone let me know where that description is?

Back