I am sort of Surprised...

1996BLKBauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer AWD V8
There is no Explorer Club, or group for the Midwest?!?!?

I was just listening to 95.1 Wil Rock the other day, and they had a HUGE(200Vehicle) Jeep cruise going down coast roads of lake Michigan, and I was thinking how cool it would be to do that in Explorers? So who lives in around , and would be interested in doing something like this, once again I am surprised we don't have more things like this.

Me personally I live in McHenry, IL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Far and few between, I know two people with lifted explorers near me, neither are active on the forum though. And I've seen another two going to and from work, one even has EF decals on it but no idea who it is.

To me that is sort of surprising though. Because I see so many of them around, but I guess not everybody joins our site, or even care about ther Explorers. Well atleast there is two, hopefully maybe a few more will speak up.

Because I see so many of them around, but I guess not everybody joins our site, or even care about ther Explorers.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are quite a few Explorers around here, but many of them do not look like their owners really care about them, all rusty and what not.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are quite a few Explorers around here, but many of them do not look like their owners really care about them, all rusty and what not.

It's a shame really, I think it would be fun to have a local club for us Explorer/Mountaineer guys.

Count me in!! Haven't seen too many Explorers cared about around here. I have seen one or two slightly lifted Explorers around here but nothing compared to the amount on DUBS or other 24's.

Count me in!! Haven't seen too many Explorers cared about around here. I have seen one or two slightly lifted Explorers around here but nothing compared to the amount on DUBS or other 24's.

Very cool man, realistically, I don't mind what modifications people to their truck, as long as they actually like it and enjoy it. I personally don't off road mine, I'm just trying to make it go as long as possible.

Very cool man, realistically, I don't mind what modifications people to their truck, as long as they actually like it and enjoy it. I personally don't off road mine, I'm just trying to make it go as long as possible.
I respect what people do to their vehicles even if I dont like it. Its their vehicle so they can do whatever they want. I do get a bit ticked when they put mods before maintenance but thats me. Im just starting my venture offroading but 2WD is limiting it. Plus finding anything around here isnt too easy either. I just take it a day at a time and enjoy driving.

I'd be ok with that if you guys weren't so far away lol (In Springfield IL)

I'd be ok with that if you guys weren't so far away lol (In Springfield IL)

To be honest, if we can get more people, I wouldn't mind doing a group ride to somewhere, I think it would be fun, although I don't off road in mine, it would still be fun. We could just meet up at a central meeting point, and drive some where.

To be honest, if we can get more people, I wouldn't mind doing a group ride to somewhere, I think it would be fun, although I don't off road in mine, it would still be fun. We could just meet up at a central meeting point, and drive some where.
x2

I live in Indianapolis, IN... and got my explorer in july, and ever sense have been trying to get other explorers to go off roadin with my. So I'm in if we wanna get a group together.

i bought mine about 2 weeks ago and already have quite a few parts on order. In Michigan btw.

Sweet man, Lets go off roadin. lol

I used to do some wheeling with some guys on offroadworld.net, but that site has pretty much died it seems. Thats how I found this site.

Paynetf you aren't the only in Indy by the way. I don't tend to go off roading as the maintenance seems to be on a schedule of fix it drive it for a week then something new pops up.

i bought mine about 2 weeks ago and already have quite a few parts on order. In Michigan btw.

hay Bhobbyhill maybe this spring or summer we could get togeather and do some offraoding. i dont know anyone that is offroading in explores (besides me) so would like to see what others have but i got a few friends with lift rangers and such. doesnt have to be just explorers.:thumbsup:?

Sweet College Student, Lets get together sometime and go off roadin. I found a good place off 116th street and 96th street. Been there about 10 times, and I'm starting on making new paths and stuff.

Sweet College Student, Lets get together sometime and go off roadin. I found a good place off 116th street and 96th street. Been there about 10 times, and I'm starting on making new paths and stuff.

I'm assuming you mean me because I mentioned break. And if so then yeah I'm down but idk where that is lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He means me Erek. Is this place you speak of near allisonville. I knew a guy who would drive around the little road block on 96 just west of allisonville and offroad. I'd do it but I don't offroad illegally since there is serious consequences for that.

Back