DB_1 joins the tow rig club | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DB_1 joins the tow rig club

It's official, I own this hunk-o-metal now:D Last payment was last week and just got the pink from the DMV today. Maybe now i'll get to use this thing for what I actually bought it for...towing:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! It a good feeling for sure!

Congrats Dave:D

Congrats and waiting to see what you get for a trailer

Booyah, Dave!

Thanks gentlemen, the truck has a whopping 41K on the ticker. Most of my driving has been local to home for work which is usually within a few miles. Despite the fender bender I had last year, it's still like new.

When I first got the truck I was working with Matt up in the bay area a lot and thought for sure this would be a high miles truck by the time I paid it off.

As for a trailer...eventually. Work hasn't been as consistent as I'd like it to be lately so I need to build up my rainy day fund.

Had an oops moment last week...was at Del Taco and parked it since the drive thru was slammed. Went to leave and backed into a light pole:rolleyes: Trying to swing out of my parking spot I thought I had it cleared but forgot about the big concrete base and nailed the corner of the bumper.

It pushed into the the sheet metal slightly and wrinkled the paint but not noticeable since the bumper covers it. So the bumper had a good sized dent as well as pushed in slightly. I was able to pound out the majority of the dent but it's still rippled looking. New bumpers are $350ish so I may live with it for the time being. It may bug me enough in the future to get a new one..we'll see.

Had an oops moment last week...was at Del Taco and parked it since the drive thru was slammed. Went to leave and backed into a light pole:rolleyes: Trying to swing out of my parking spot I thought I had it cleared but forgot about the big concrete base and nailed the corner of the bumper.

It pushed into the the sheet metal slightly and wrinkled the paint but not noticeable since the bumper covers it. So the bumper had a good sized dent as well as pushed in slightly. I was able to pound out the majority of the dent but it's still rippled looking. New bumpers are $350ish so I may live with it for the time being. It may bug me enough in the future to get a new one..we'll see.

Just wait till you get yourself into a parking lot you shouldn't be with the trailer. I've said screw it and just put the tow rig in 4x4 and drove over the curb with trailer & explorer in tow to get out.

~Mark

We need video of that Mark lol.

Back